2012 Si won't do anything???

9user

El Paso
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hello I have a problem and I'm hoping someone on here can help me out...
2 days ago I had a problem starting my car it would click kind of like when the battery is about to go dead... I let it sit for a while and it started right up... I used the car with no issues yesterday... This morning when I tried to start it, same problem no crank.... Let it sit for a while now I don't have any power to anything? Only thing that works is the hazard lights.... Any suggestions?

Btw I tried replacing the battery and still no change!??

I'd be calling the dealer. The warranty here in Canada has roadside assistance. If you do as well in the US, I'd tell them to come and get it.

Well after looking in different places online finally found the problem... Somehow the main fuse blew so I guess it's time to get a new one...

Well after looking in different places online finally found the problem... Somehow the main fuse blew so I guess it's time to get a new one...
FYI...Fuses blow for a reason, change the fuse, use your new battery(after you do a full charge on it, even if it's a new batt), take it to a dealer.

Hello I have a problem and I'm hoping someone on here can help me out...
2 days ago I had a problem starting my car it would click kind of like when the battery is about to go dead... I let it sit for a while and it started right up... I used the car with no issues yesterday... This morning when I tried to start it, same problem no crank.... Let it sit for a while now I don't have any power to anything? Only thing that works is the hazard lights.... Any suggestions?

Btw I tried replacing the battery and still no change!??

I am (was) a (Ford) diagnostic mechanic, the fuse problem may be unrelated to the dead battery issue (may have been caused by charging, boosting or battery replacement). I began to notice my battery getting weak in the spring, conventional diagnosis lead me astray, then it stranded me and I had to do a bump start. I took mine to the dealer and the ECU required a re-flash because it controls charging. It took several hours for them to do it because when it was connected to their diagnostic computer it linked online to Honda and did a complete battery cycle and charge test. There has not been a problem since. Apparently if the power draw is below a certain figure it will not charge no matter what the state of the battery and the amount that the battery draws to charge is below that figure. I was compounding the problem by turning off all lights, fan etc. With a voltage meter a charged battery reads about 12.6 volts, when the car is running it reads about 14 or so. Mine showed no charging rate with the car running unless I turned on the high-beams and heater fan. If you have the same problem the vehicle has to go to the dealer.

Last edited:
Back