2012 Si Woofer -- options?

jgregaz

Mesa, AZ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So, apparently my 2012 Civic Si has a subwoofer or at least my audio settings state so. However, I don't notice an increase/decrease when adjusting the setting. From other forums I've read, posters have complained of a weak, "disappointing" woofer, but I'm not entirely sure mine is working properly. I plan to get into the dealer for diagnosis soon. But, if this is as good as it gets, I'm going to want to add a subwoofer to the mix. Is there any way to do this by tying into the factory setup? I'm not too tech-savvy and would prefer to keep my factory system with the subwoofer setting if possible. Thoughts and advise are welcome. Thanks!

Oh no, it's definitely there. It's just a piece of crap. I honestly had to open the trunk and feel the cone to make sure it was actually on. I'd look into aftermarket options that don't consist of throwing a free-air sub in the stock woofer location. I'm going to be doing the same thing shortly. Probably one 12" sub.

Same here. Plus, I hear the stock woofer doesn't get frequencies below 40Hz or so. So, that is basically worthless, for me. I'd have to tap the wires before the stock amp...I just don't feel like dealing with it yet haha

Same here. Plus, I hear the stock woofer doesn't get frequencies below 40Hz or so. So, that is basically worthless, for me. I'd have to tap the wires before the stock amp...I just don't feel like dealing with it yet haha

Yep exact same here! Haha

Well damn, thanks for the info. There has to be a way to tap into the system with a new amplifier and subwoofer and just ditch the stock components altogether, we just have to find it.

I think the cut of is higher then 40hz, I think hillstones thread had something about that in it.

Well damn, thanks for the info. There has to be a way to tap into the system with a new amplifier and subwoofer and just ditch the stock components altogether, we just have to find it.

There is a way, and a thread on it in the music DIY section. You can tap into your stock amp, and wire anything you want it just is sort of a pain is all! Haha

Funny thing is, I have a 2013 Si Sedan but I had a 2012 Si Coupe before, and the '12 woofer was better than the '13! I've also test driven a 2012 Si Sedan (before anyone says the coupe sounds better than the sedan!) with the same results. If you can imagine how bad the '13 is...hahaha I think it's all the sound deadening they added from '12 to '13

Funny thing is, I have a 2013 Si Sedan but I had a 2012 Si Coupe before, and the '12 woofer was better than the '13! I've also test driven a 2012 Si Sedan (before anyone says the coupe sounds better than the sedan!) with the same results. If you can imagine how bad the '13 is...hahaha I think it's all the sound deadening they added from '12 to '13

I actually just traded my '13 coupe for a '14 sedan and the audio system feels more powerful and the sub sounds a little more bassy. Idk if im being crazy, but after DD my hfp for almost 2 years i defenetively hear a difference.

I actually just traded my '13 coupe for a '14 sedan and the audio system feels more powerful and the sub sounds a little more bassy. Idk if im being crazy, but after DD my hfp for almost 2 years i defenetively hear a difference.
just made a quick research, they changed the amp in the '14. That's probably why !
2013 part : 39186-TS8-A02
2014 part : 39186-TS8-A21

Figures! I'm done. There's a refurb Infinity 5-ch amp on sale that will accept differential balanced inputs. I think I'm just gonna do it

just made a quick research, they changed the amp in the '14. That's probably why !
2013 part : 39186-TS8-A02
2014 part : 39186-TS8-A21

Interesting, I'll have to find out if the speakers or plugs changed. Might be a cheap upgrade, even if only the xover points were changed.

Oh no, it's definitely there. It's just a piece of crap. I honestly had to open the trunk and feel the cone to make sure it was actually on. I'd look into aftermarket options that don't consist of throwing a free-air sub in the stock woofer location. I'm going to be doing the same thing shortly. Probably one 12" sub.
This guy knows what's up

Back