2013 Civic rev hang

Chill squiggy. I am just asking. You don't have to chime in if you don't want to.

Obviously I felt the need to. You are essentially asking if something that IS NOT broken and IS NOT a design flaw was fixed. This discussion doesn't need to happen again. It has been discussed to death. The "rev hang" was designed that way for emissions purposes. Period.

Obviously I felt the need to. You are essentially asking if something that IS NOT broken and IS NOT a design flaw was fixed. This discussion doesn't need to happen again. It has been discussed to death. The "rev hang" was designed that way for emissions purposes. Period.
What he's trying to say is the 2012 and 2013 Si are mechanically the same and have the same "features." We are thinking Honda has no plans to ever remove rev hang as long as it helps them obtain there emissions ranking that they have.

and it's not that bad either. i don't think i posted on here, but i generally get just hang up to +1-200 rpms usually, and very rarely 500+. i've adapted my driving style a lot lately coming from a full sized truck. the problem with that is lsd kicks in too fast and/or unexpectedly and occasionally drops power to the engine. frustrating. my counter is to enter turns earlier or later, preferably higher on the apex and try to exit with as little lean on the car as possible and mash it till it makes you feel good. but this is only when i am doing my wanna be race car driver thing when nobody is looking and the coast is clear for fun. but i do get the lsd to kick in on long wide left turns occasionally, conservatively or aggressively, which really sucks. plan on dropping the car soon onto konis and unknown springs yet, wish they had swift springs with only 1-1.2" drop tops. kind of slowly shifting as in taking foot off gas for a brief second, fully press/depress clutch on your shift and jam the accelerator. no rev hang. of course it sucks if you have to do it this way if you have aggressive rev hangs.

How does flashpro work if you go in for warranty work? Can this void the warranty? And dont say, "remove it before you go in", cause thats not always and option for me, and they can tell when the comp has been accessed, and last reset.

I wonder if anyone has tried 5-20 oil to see if the slightly thicker oil would slow the engine sooner.

I probably have no room to talk considering I am new to the Honda scene, but I do read a lot and research like there's no tomorrow. Moral of this response:
-FLASHPRO tune
-Fcuk warranty and start learning how to fix a car
-BECAUSE RACECAR

*all seriousness, this response was all in joke, but really, lets be honest. Just do your homework and RESEARCH. Look up VIT TUNE'S FAQ and READ. It's $150 or if you're a baller, get the HONDATA FLASHPRO. End of story.

I probably have no room to talk considering I am new to the Honda scene, but I do read a lot and research like there's no tomorrow. Moral of this response:
-FLASHPRO tune
-BECAUSE RACECAR

*all seriousness, this response was all in joke, but really, lets be honest. Just do your homework and RESEARCH. Look up VIT TUNE'S FAQ and READ. It's $150 or if you're a baller, get the HONDATA FLASHPRO. End of story.

Vit cant do anything unless you have Flash Pro in the first place.

Thanks for clearing that up. Hence why I said I just got into the Honda tuning. I know very little about Honda. Thank you.

Just saying: as much smart *** bs I say, this group of guys (you people) and this forum... ARE THE BEST. Really, all the help and responses I got so far. Lovin' it! Thanks again.

-FLASHPRO tune
-BECAUSE RACECAR

There is a reason some people buy new cars. Some like the new tech (me) and some like the no hassle, take it to the dealer when needed for oil change and other things. I have built many cars, and am currently working on a 1963 Plymouth Valiant Convert. I am doing the body, paint, interior and engine. The engine is a 360 that I built. It has 9.7:1 compression, 2.02/1.60 valves with minor clean up (i did myself). It has a smallish cam at .484 lift and 284 duration. I am debating between the A833 4spd or the low gear TF904 auto. The trans I am rebuilding myself as well. The rear is a Ford 8" from a 66 Mustang. Not sure on what gear im going to run yet, but somewhere around 3.55 to 3.73. This I am doing with the "help" of my 13 year old Daughter.

Now to say to learn how to work on a car is a little presumtuious. I think I know how. I bought a new car so I dont have to worry about fixing it. If I get a flat, fine, Ill deal with it. If the engine blows up at 35,000, I might be a bit upset if I have to pay because I installed a tune. I have a bone stock 2009 Impreza that ate a bearing at 36,000. Covered under warranty. I was told that if it wasn't, it was going to be about $5000. No way was I going to pay that to the dealer. At that point, I would of been looking at a swap to a WRX motor, or a custom build. We followed all the scheduled servece, but it ran low on oil which is what I believed caused it. No light came on except the check engine light. I pulled codes and it showed a cylinder misfire. I was tempted to erase it and see what it would throw, but I can also look and see how long it has been running since codes cleared.

So, will the Flashpro void the warranty? I know that if the transmission pops, then that may be covered, or the suspension. What about the engine? Thats my concern with this.

And yes, this is a great site.

Back