2013 Civic Si Clutch Replacement Idea's

PASCIAK

AZ9thSi #001
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
I'm currently in the market to replace my clutch. I'm curious as to what everyone is using and what works best for street setups with mild bolt-on's. I understand Axion promotes using the 8thgen flywheel with a new clutch, do 8thgen clutch kits work with a 9thgen k24's or do just the flywheels work. Also, what companies out there provide clutch kits and flywheels besides ACT, Clutch Masters, and Competition Clutch?? I've used Fidanza aluminum flywheels before, they worked great for my application. I'm very interested in if 8thgen clutch kits fit our cars since we can use the flywheel. If thats the case theres a much bigger market for 06-11 si clutches then 12-14 si's....

Let me know what youre currently running as for clutch/flywheel set up's or what you've heard about what clutch kits work and or flywheels??!! Thanks much appreciated.

Right around 6k. I upgraded my clutch and flywheel, Exedy stage 1 clutch with a Exedy lightweight flywheel for a 8th gen. my mounts are stock. I got a a ZDX tb, DW ev14 1000cc injectors, Dw 65c fuel pump. ZDX tb adapter/spacer, vittuned aftercooler, vittuned big bore inlet.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/12-civic-si-competition-clutch-all-stages-available.8404/

Ok cool.. Ill go with the street.. You like yours so ill go with that..
I have the prl kit.. And cc stage 4 clutch.. Now when i shift sometimes i hear a banging noise.. Sounds like the pipes hitting eachother because its so crouded under there now.. I really think this mount will solve that..

I am running an exedy stage 1 and exedy lightweight flywheel on my 2013 CT-e stage 2 supercharged Si. It feels like stock. Super smooth but way better holding power.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/what-clutch-to-get.10973/

I been pretty busy lately with my car. Flashpro, 6 puck stage 2 clutch, and lightened flywheel finally installed and got to bring my car home today. Piecing together my turbo kit now, will have pictures up by end of week!

I'm sure some of them and others can chime in on what all they've done

Im running competition clutch stage 4 unsprung with the 8th gen flywheel . When i installed my turbo thety didnt make a flywheel for the 9th.. Not sure about now.. To be honest i was just told by prl to get this set up because it would work best.. I didnt know much.. Took sometime for me to get use to because the unsprung grabs you .. I even hears the pipes banging around.. But now i got it..
Only problem i have is i hear a vibration when im going about 50 and rpms are high in any gear... Cc told me its common.. The sound isnt too bad..
Wish i could be more helpful.. But im learning as i go.. Anything else you wanna know ill do my best to answer

Havent installed my mount yet or exhaust hangers.. Gonna do that when i install this baby.. Movin on up to the 3"
P.s. Thanks webby.. You have been real helpful..
hara2u3u.jpg

thanks @Mikeorock i looking for either a stage 1 maybe 2 with a lightweight flywheel. so im assuming since the 8thgen flywheel works on our cars an 8thgen clutch kit/flywheel combo will work then right?! @axion_industries can you chime in?!

My correction.. It id a competition cutch ultra light flywheel with competition clutch .. I remember going back and forth with this problem.. Sorry... Not sure how to answer your questionn.. Bit in sure if you call comp clutch or anyone, they will explain

Back