2013 EX OEM Radio Swap

justinnickovtime

I have a 2013 EX, with just the basic factory stereo, and I was wondering if it would be possible to swap it out with an OEM touchscreen? Will I need any lock codes or should it all just be plug and play?

@webby - Haven't had time to work on the DIY, been busy as work, where I have access to Ai to make up all the diagrams.

As for the swap itself....you will need a radio code for the unit you are putting in. Honda changed the way the anit-theft system works. But you can still use a code to unlock the touchscreen one in a different car than it was originally installed in.

Assuming you have the premium audio package that the Si has, not sure if the Ex has a sub or not. But it is not a straight plug-n-play. The main audio connector is, as is the antenna, and sub if you have it. You can add the additional USB and HDMI ports by adding the trim piece from a 14-15, which will need cables to, which also has USB connector to use the center console. As for the other connections the B and C connectors need to be re worked. In particular the C bus, the connectors are different shapes. And almost all the wires in the B harness are not used. That is the bluetooth module, but carries some other information for the B-Bus can system. The B connector on the touchscreen needs to tap into the bluetooth wire on the bluetooth module so the steering wheel controls will work.

I purchased a cheap extra stereo and ripped the connectors out of the back of it. And made harnesses that spliced the connectors together with the pigtails my touchscreen came with.

I will try to get a DIY up by this weekend......which will include more details.

Side notes about what works and what doesn't. ALL audio information is gone from the iMid display. Including volume adjustment. The backup camera is still on the iMid screen. The real time gas mileage works, but the previous/current trip does not. That's all I've found that doesn't work so far.

Hope this helps a little for now....

Side notes about what works and what doesn't. ALL audio information is gone from the iMid display. Including volume adjustment.

I have had similar experience when I did my 2012 OEM NAVI installation into the 2012 LX. The problem is, because the stock LX-radio had "serial communication" lines known as DUET, which fed information to the i-mid display for audio/volume.
Specifically these are DUET TX/DUET RX/DUET_CONT/DUET_SH (see pic)

I am unsure if the OEM NAVI equipped cars like the EX-L/TOURING models actually have these connections? - I'll have to check the Interactive Network (or someone can take a pic of their NAVI- B connector (brownish one).
Once I find out where they go, I'll install them and let you all know if the audio info pops back up on the i-MID. Needless to say, all the audio information is present on the NAVI display screen, so no big loss.
The diagnostic code is "NG" for i-mid and its red. So the NAVI unit is sensing some communication failure.LX CONNECTOR B.JPG

Back