2013 Honda Civic Redesign Info - Updates Inside

its interesting that everyone thought the car was going to look just like the updated civic in other markets (Asia and Australia). They sort of made their own version for the U.S. market. Different truck, bumper, everything. It still doesn't have the projector headlights that everyone was hoping either. Looks more sophisticated i think. More like the Acura ILX. It's like the civic finally grew up.

New Updates!

These updates have been confirmed through Honda. This is all I have at the moment, although I will post more updates once I receive them:
  • New paint colors:
    Kona Coffee Metallic
    Urban Titanium Metallic (Sedan Only),
    White Orchid Pearl (US Sedan Only)
    Aspen White Pearl (Canada Sedan Only)
    Dyno Blue Pearl now available for Natural Gas model

• Removed paint colors: Green Opal Metallic, Cool Mist Metallic

• New Model: Touring (Canada Only)

• Removed Model: DX Coupe no longer available within the US.

• Dashboard subdisplay has been completely redesigned for the Coupe and Sedan (ignore the circle). It's a low-grade photo, but you can clearly see that there is chrome trim around the air vents, along with chrome trim strips towards the bottom. Even harder to see, the trim around the navigation screen is a different type of bevel.

11-25-2012 11-05-29 AM.png

• Coupe and Sedan receive new Center Pocket directly below the climate controls. It is a small panel with a door hinge that opens downward. Below that, the Aux Cover and Power Outlet have been moved slightly forward and below the pocket.

11-25-2012 11-18-36 AM.png

• Digital Climate Control now available for Coupe and Sedan, although only on certain lines...can't confirm which ones yet.

• Rearview Multiview Camera now available only on certain models...can't confirm which ones yet. If navigation is installed, the video will display on the navigation screen instead of the i-Mid screen.

• Pandora Internet Radio software confirmed. Requires an iPhone and the Pandora iOS app installed. You'll be able to control Pandora from the iMid or Navigation.

• Receive Text Messages on the iMid or navigation screen from a compatible device and hear them read aloud. Reply to them using preloaded messages.

• Illuminated Doors Sills accessory confirmed for Sedan only - blue LEDs. Only the front sills will illuminate, not the rear. New plastic clips provided that no longer require removing the metal from within the weather stripping. No wire-splicing required. They are incompatible with the 2012 models.

• Rear Bumper Applique accessory confirmed. 3M tape with a plastic applicator to protect your rear bumper near the trunk opening.

• Ambient Light Kit accessories have new part numbers. They now only contain two LEDs instead of three; the center console LED has been eliminated.

• No sliding cover for the cup holders in the Coupe or Sedan, as some would have hoped.

• No exterior styling changes to the Coupe.

• No projector headlights of any kind for any model in the US.

• iPhone 5 still not officially supported yet.

I shoulda just waited for a 2013 si, the changes make this model further identical to the ilx and the illuminated door sills leave me a bit jealous.

It looks like when Mazda got rid of the smiling cars, Honda took over. Lol.

Coupe and Sedan new subdisplay dashboard (ignore the circle). It's a low-grade photo, but you can easily see that the subdisplay has been completely remodeled. There is chrome trim around the air vents, along with chrome strips towards the bottom. Even harder to see, the trim around the navigation screen is a different type of bevel.

11-25-2012 11-05-29 AM.png

Some info on the rearview camera:

11-25-2012 11-33-13 AM.png

Some sort of new tire-repair sealant device:

11-25-2012 11-50-52 AM.png

I can do without the chrome. I would definitely be interested in knowing if it is possible/how hard it would be to put in the camera and change out the climate control. Storage compartment would be nice too, but not at the expense of the ambient lighting.

I can do without the chrome. I would definitely be interested in knowing if it is possible/how hard it would be to put in the camera and change out the climate control. Storage compartment would be nice too, but not at the expense of the ambient lighting.
I want to buy the rearview camera for CHH's Cyber Monday sale, but I fear it won't fit. The 2013 license plate lights are also redesigned; there are now two of them spread apart. In the middle is the rearview camera...right where the 2012 license plate light is. I have to assume that the camera assembly simply won't fit at all...or not without butchering the camera housing significantly.

College hills discussed the climate control involving a lot more than the instrument panel in a previous post.

but that was related to a swap from hybrid to non hybrid models, if r18 models are getting the auto climate it still wont be plug and play, but the necessary parts will be more readily available

No exterior change for the coupe? Now i don't feel so bad. :)

I can't lie, I did a fist pump in the air when I read that part of the bulletin. Granted, Honda could surprise us, but reading that made me feel a bit better. However, I do wish we had one or two of these interior updates, especially the center pocket. I've been reading up on the rearview camera installation on the other civic forum, and someone confirmed that the DIY for the camera works for the si. It's just a matter of whether you have the time and extra cash to do it.

No si specific info was given. Just that the engines across the board were staying the same.

2013 isn't supposed to be unveiled until the 29th at the LA auto show. Did you get any pics of the window sticker?

if the side fenders are the same, and the headlights are the same... it seems unlikely that the hood would be smaller. Yes, the grill has changed, but if the other parts around it have not changed, I can't see the size of the hood changing (or changing much)
_______________Inside, i did notice one difference. The two round controls located at the ends were made of a slightly different material. Not the bright cheezy chrome as before.... more like a dark satin/grey. Certainly an improvement.

What do you mean by iPhone 5 not officially supported yet?
Meaning that the Owner's Manuals don't list the iPhone 5 as a supported model to use when connecting to USB. It stops at the iPhone 4S.
That doesn't mean the iPhone 5 won't work at all, but don't be surprised if you still have problems playing music like some of iPhone 5 owners do now.

Back