2013 mod question

Dcalicotte03

So when I bought my 13 sedan new I was deciding between it and a focus st. While the turbo was tempting my whole reason for getting a compact car (I had a truck) was to have some that would be reliable, affordable, efficient, and have longevity as I'm planning on running it till she dies. Although I still wanted something fun to drive at the same time. I was a bit Leary on the ford turbo 4 cylinder and what troubles I might have down the line. Having owned an integra years ago I knew what honda had to offer so aside for those reasons i also prefer the looks and the price tag more on my si. My question is, what are some performance mods that would give it a little more power on the butt dyno without having a screaming exhaust. I sure that's where these cars are choked down a bit with stock exhaust but really don't want the big muffler or the drone of a performance exhaust system. Would a drop in filter or intake along with a flash pro tune from vit make a noticeable difference? If so is there other bolt ins that would make a difference as well? I know this sounds dumb probably to most you but I don't race and go on road trips often so the performance exhaust is just out of the question. Had it on my truck and regretted it ever since. Thanks for your advice guys!

Edit: things I've done is plasti dip front chrome accent, projector retro fit and short shift adapter. I've seen a lot about upgrading the sway bar? I obviously know this won't help power but I've seen a lot about better daily driving. Which direction would I go and roughly how much money are we talking?

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on intakes unless you plan on getting PRL CAI or SRI they are the only two intakes that will give you any power gain. There is a dyno chart somewhere on the forum.

DP will give you more power, but you don't want your car to be loud so that's out. Flash Pro and Vit tune is mandatory.

Don't waste your money on intakes unless you plan on getting PRL CAI or SRI they are the only two intakes that will give you any power gain. There is a dyno chart somewhere on the forum.

DP will give you more power, but you don't want your car to be loud so that's out. Flash Pro and Vit tune is mandatory.

Would the down pipe result In any performance gains without the full exahust? And I wouldn't mind a slight increase in sound. Just nothing drastic. I just don't care for the pitch in sound of these cares with exahust systems.

@squiggy has a complete full race setup and his car is very quiet. Ask him about interior noise as I've only heard it from the outside. I've driven around with him a bit and you can hardly hear it. I think at full throttle it gets loud but most of the time it is not. The invidia Q300 is also very quiet and people say its barely louder than stock. A good DP with either of those two exhausts would probably work very well for you. If you do get a new DP you will need flash pro and a tune to run correctly. You will get a good performance boost from that setup though. It will cost a little bit but I think you will get what you are looking for going that route.

It can get noisy at times. Especially if you step on it often as I do. Highway driving doesn't get too bad until you get to about 70+mph or so. Normal cruising is not bad at all. A lot of my noise really comes from the PRL SRI and can actually drown out the exhaust once vtec kicks in. Turn the music up a bit and it is hardly noticeable at all most of the time.

I've found a thread where vit has gotten 20 wheel hp on several different occasions bone stock with just his custom tune along with more torque through out the power band. Might be right up my alley. Maybe throw in a dp for a little more aggressive sound without being loud

That was probably with FullRace downpipe

Bone stock

http://www.***************/forum/vi...on.html#/forumsite/20679/topics/76706?page=27

Back