2014 Civic Coupe changes?

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
Has anyone heard or read anything about possible changes to the 2014 Civic Coupe?
I'm wondering if the 2014 Coupe might go through a body change seeing as the 2013 Sedan did.

I'll bet on slight changes in 2015, but that would be a guess. It's hard to know if/when they'll do updates due to their changes in 2013.

Definitely no changes for 2014, unless extremely minor. As was mentioned by someone else on here, I think the 2013 refresh was planned originally for 2014, 15, or 16.

As others have mentioned, I find it unlikely that Honda will invest in a significant update to the Civic coupe until the next Civic arrives or a re-Mid-Model-Refresh down the road.

Why? The coupe for 2012 was actually pretty solid design, if not a little conservative and simple...which is a formula that works and why I liked it. It was sleek, understated, but still easily one of the best side profile looks on a coupe of this segment. Additionally, coupes sell in FAR fewer numbers than sedans do, so it made sense for Honda to put the majority of the amount of money dedicated to the refresh to the sedan. They stood more to lose if they didn't knock the 2013 sedan out of the ballpark.

Given the costs associated with this (which I've read were QUITE high), I doubt there's much money left in the Civic budget for any updates outside of maybe new taillights or trim pieces or chrome going forward. Given the Civic coupe got absolutely nothing different on the exterior for 2013 besides the cleared turn signals and the new wheels (correct me if I'm wrong), we might see a few aesthetic updates to it, but I wouldn't expect a whole lot, if at all. New grilles and taillight design seem the most likely update.

I actually just traded in my 2012 Si coupe for a 2013 Si sedan - the updates to the sedan were great enough to me to get rid of the coupe - and I am almost an exclusively two-door kinda guy. While I admired the 2012 coupe for its simple sophistication and sleek sportiness, the sedan looked too high end to pass up.

I don't think the two door looks bad - not at all, considering I owned two of them - but I do think it does look a bit plain: which some people like. MotorTrend had this to say:

http://wot.motortrend.com/our-cars-...goldilocks-syndrome-339759.html#axzz2UFXYfN84

I agree. Always been a coupe guy, but the '13 sedan is so sexy with its bmw tail lights lol

as for the sedans they said only the carbon fiber overlay will be the same color as the car...what i heard for the SI

Navi screen should be touch screen too. I can't remember what else I haven't seen one in a while ill post updates next time

Can't say I've ever been on the road with it. I chose to go with the model without the nav just because my phone hasn't ever let me down in the past. And I don't do a whole lot of traveling anyways.

When I was test out the new Si, the nav system felt and looked just like one in an 04 TL. I'd rather have my Google maps.

I bought an alpine nav head and am happy I did,if I buy the wife a 14 it will have nav and auto though.probably ex, non leather next summer, I want to have the 04 full time and do some exterior mods and sound.but nothing radical, pc rims black,lower body kit.mild audio, stuff like that.

@Ktwenty420 said they purchased a 2014 ex.

but
I can tell you that in Canada 2013's are still being made and 2014's won't be available here until November. 2014 Odysseys and Accord are available here currently. HCI can not allow the Elantra to out sell the Civic here.

The 14 civics shouldn't be out anywhere initial the beginning of their fiscal year. Production of the 14's will not start til October.

Back