2014 civic si led tail lights wrong?!

DesignAlot

Port St. Lucie, FL 34953
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Hello. I thought I checked everything out, but I was wrong. I ordered the led tail lights with the light pipe and smoked reverse. Said it would fit 2012 to 2014 civic coupe. BUT... apparently there is a difference between the regular coupe and the si coupe tail lights... The new led ones stick out too far and do not line up with the bolts (different bolt patterns). I am not sure if I should play around and cut into the frame to make this work with my handy dremmel tool, or try to sell these, or return for a 20% restock fee. Check out the images below...

Stock 2014 Civic si coupe driver's side tail light
image1.JPG

Aftermarket 2012-2014 Civic coupe LED taillight (Guess it is different from the si)
image2.JPG

Above view of the attempted install of the aftermarket LED taillight... Notice the space difference, as it is hitting the inside already...
image3.JPG

Here is how it looks from the inside with the attempted install of the aftermarket light. Notice the threaded posts do not even go in the holes... The mounting holes are outside of this area... Although one post lines up at the top (not visable in this pic) but the plastic is already pressing against the metal in here...
image4.JPG

Wow... no headlights or taillights available for my ride yet... and the 2015s are out. How long does this take!

I found a lot of sites said "06-12" and they were definitely 8th gen parts when I first bought my '12. It took awhile for the aftermarket lights to come out.. I'd return or sell on the forums. Good luck!

Ok! The seller is paying for shipping back, no restock fee and full refund. It is sad I cannot use these, but at least I get the cash back. Wonder what I should spend the $200 on? I already have an injen full cold air intake, and magnaflow exaust. Besides the hondata, is there anything else performance I should purchase? Or do they make a custom fit sub box yet?!

I am used to V8 engines... Is the downpipe the same thing as headers? Or different? Do you need downpipe and headers at the same time installed? And what is a Vit tune. Is that different than getting a hondata?

Yeah, it's the same thing. The previous gen civics had multi -port headers, but this gen has just one opening. VitViper is the Guru master at tuning our cars, he's on the forum or his website, www.vittuned.com. He sells the hondata flashpro and custom e-tunes using the datalogging features. He's in WA i think and I'm in FL, we just upload/download tunes back and forth. Welcome!

Oh and webby, well he's really helpful and really fast lol.

Ok, so this is the Hondata, or a different tuner? The price looks great... What kind of gains could I expect with the tuner now that I have done air intake and some exaust? Is it possible to get this car into a 13 second quarter mile without turbo or supercharger?

I think one user hit 13.9 without a turbo. A few around 14.1. Hondata runs like 699 on its own, and then you'd pay vitviper to tune the car. He tunes most on hondata. Ktuner was just introduced recently. A few r18 owners are tuning with it now.

Hondata is the company that makes the aftermarket device (FlashPro) that can modify the ecu on our cars. Vit e-tunes the car with the FlashPro (you'll see it abbreviated as FP everywhere). Some of the other members will have to chime in on the 13 seconds, but my guess would be you'd need forced induction.

@webby ?

So, the "R18" is the name of my engine on this car? And I wonder if the ktuner hooks up to a laptop, etc. to show live readouts and all like the hondata? Just because $699 is a lot for me to spend on just the tuner. Other brands of tuners for other cars seem to cost hundreds less... If I get the downpipe with a high flow cat, that will add a little more power/sound and not cause a check engine light?

Downpipes without FLASHPRO/tuning will not run well. It will run, but not great.

Back