2014 Coupe Si Grill versus Non Si Grill

What are they? Like a push pin lock? How much did you get juiced by honda for those?

The price was fair. I don't have my recipt with me, but it was between $1 & $2. I bought a number of items yesterday & felt I got a great price for what I ordered.

Basically you take this clip/washer looking thing & press it down onto the peg. The hole seems to be smaller than the peg so it digs into the peg and locks it in place. I hope that helps.

The part purchased to lock the emblem is...

P# 90301-ST0-003
Desc: Nut, Push
Paid: $1.09 (Per Part - Purchased 2)

Couple of minor cuts / scrapes & the Si grill has been installed. Took me about 2 hours to complete.

c41330e5d08ab550b3e7f0ab38cfbb6d.jpg

4b599472cc03bdd7709905457949c1ed.jpg

I'll try to do a write up with the details when I am in front of my computer... I would say $225 in parts, but I think the cost can be reduced by about $100.00 if I am right .

Parts List:

1 x 71121-TS9-A61 BASE, FR. GRILLE (Used)
1 x 71122-TS9-A61 MOLDING, FR. GRILLE (Used) **
1 x 75700-TM0-000 / EMBLEM (H) (Used)
2 x 90301-ST0-003 / NUT, PUSH (3MM) (Used 2)***
8 x 91505-TM8-003 / CLIP, BUMPER (Used None)*
6 x 91512-SX0-003 / CLIP, FENDER (INNER) - (Used 5 of 6)*

Spent Approx $225.00 in parts

*A couple of notes about my parts list... I bought a few extra clips and what not just in case I ruined the originals when taking them off.

**Also regarding the Part # 71122-TS9-A61 although the EX-L parts list did not show this part for sale as it is bundled with the main base. With that said I personally do not think you need to purchase 71122-TS9-A61. I am almost 100% certain it is the exact same part that comes with your current grill (LX, EX, EX-L). With that being said you possibly could save about $100.00 in parts by not purchasing 71122-TS9-A61 & just re-using the part off your old grill.

***This part is used to lock the Honda Emblem into your new grill. I just used a socket driver to push the clip into the peg. There should be a picture of the clips installed earlier in this post.

So there is no how to (yet) regarding how to replace the grill / take off the bumper on a 2014 Civic Coupe that I could find. I can say that the previous models are very similar in regards for the steps / process. I watched a number of videos on how to remove the bumper / grill on previous civics. For the most part the videos were quite useful with the exception to our grill having the whisker type ends on our grills. Because our grill goes all the way under the light it becomes impossible to remove the grill from the car with out causing serious damage In order to get the original grill off the car you have to change your focus to removing the entire bumper. The process takes some time & practice, but with enough research you can get the bumper removed.

Tools used:

10MM Socket Driver
Philips Screw Driver
Push Clip Remover (A flat head screw driver can also be used to pry up these clips)

To remove the bumper I would suggest starting from the bottom and working your way upward (that way when the bumper is ready to be removed you will likely be in a standing position to remove it instead of it falling on your head). =P

I will try to add some photos of the underside, but like I said just simply watching some videos of other bumper removals will give you the right idea on what steps / tools you would need for the job.

I removed about 16~ Push clips from the under side of the car.
I removed 2 10MM screws / bolts from the under side of the car.
I removed the a screw from each wheel well using the Philips screw driver (total screws removed 2)
I removed the 8 push clips from the engine bay on the top side.

After many attempts & fails i finally was able to remove the bumper. While taking off the bumper if you have Fog lights make sure to unclip them from the harness because the slack of the cable is not long enough to touch the ground. I also would not suggest you "test" this... lol

Once the bumper is completely removed you will now have full access to the main clips for the grill. The total number of clips holding the grill to the bumper is 6 (91512-SX0-003 / CLIP, FENDER - INNER). I personally had really really really bad luck when it came to this point. With trying to remove the 6 clips I ruined 5 of them. Thankfully I purchased spares for the likelihood my stupidity would damage something. Once all 6 clips have been removed the grill will now detach from the bumper with out any issue.

You will want to remove a total for 4 screws from the original grill... 2 of the screws come from the back side of the long chrome piece that runs along the front side of your grill just under the honda emblem. The other 2 screws are attached to (71126-TS8-A51 STAY, FR. GRILLE) which you will need to remove from the old grill and install onto the new grill. This part is what clips the grill to the top part of the engine bay.

At this point you should have your new grill in place of your old grill and place the 6 clips into the bumper / grill. Once you have completed that you will need to put the car back together & you should be good to go.

I know this guide really is messy, but I have also never written a guide. Please let me know if you have any questions. The only advise I can give you is "do your research & do not rush the job".

Here are some additional pictures I had taken during the installation process. I hope the visual aid helps in some way...

Emblem Clips.jpg 4 Screws to remove.jpg

Grill Bumper Clip 1 and 2.jpg

Grill Bumper Clip 3 4 5 and 6.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Looks great!
What are you going to do with the flat part where the Si logo was?
You could put an R18 on there. In silver or with red overlay like mine. Just an idea.......

image.jpg

.................................................................................... ¥

image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great!
What are you going to do with the flat part where the Si logo was?
You could put an R18 on there. In silver or with red overlay like mine. Just an idea.......

View attachment 40189

.................................................................................... ¥

View attachment 40188

I have been trying to find a solution to that & have been having bad luck. What parts did you use & how did you mount it to the grill?

I don't have mine on the front grill. That is a picture of someone's 8th gen. Mine are on the back of the blue car you can see in the pic. ^
The letters are from eBay. They were not expensive at all.

image.jpg image.jpg

Very cool. Any suggestions on how to mount it? I.E. Glue, 3M tape?

Weird sedans don't have that blank off for the emblem. Same part number for si and R18. The si badge is clipped on. Weird why they didn't do that with the coupe.

I wish it was like the sedan then I could just not have anything there, but oh well... I am trolling Ebay at the moment to see if I can find some awesome letters. Most of the ones I have seen so far seem boring.

Back