2014 Coupe taillights for 12-13?

Erouse91

Does anyone know if the 2014 coupe taillights will fit the 12-13 coupe? It appears to be the same overall style as the other coupes just an updated lighting style. I think it brings a really good look to the back of the coupe and I'd love to install them on my 13 lx coupe. Any information would be great!

as far as i know it will be direct fitment BUT to my knowledge they do not have a red reflector in them (on the 14 its located down on the bumper). i think its illegal to drive without that reflector maybe @CollegeHillsHonda or @webby can chime in. meaning youd have to do an entire rear end swap like im thinking of doing lol. im not entirely sure of that though. i love the look of the new tails too.

there is a thread discussing it somewhere..... found it that link should put you on page 6 where we talked about the fitment and how it looks like it should work.

No one has done it, but they should physically fit. The main issue is that they won't be plug and play as far as wiring goes. Collegehills brought this up when 2012 sedan owners wanted the 2013 sedan refreshed tails.

No one has done it, but they should physically fit. The main issue is that they won't be plug and play as far as wiring goes. Collegehills brought this up when 2012 sedan owners wanted the 2013 sedan refreshed tails.
really? i didnt notice that. im anxious to see someone do this.

that the wiring being different, but i didnt really follow the sedan stuff.

I appreciate all of the input. Does anybody know what the difference is as far as the wiring goes? I'm sure after enough time there will be a deviation for the 12 and 13 coupes for a similar look through the aftermarket, but if I could stay OEM I would prefer that option.

Okay this does help me understand a bit. However, if speaking strictly about non si trim, do you think there would be any differences? In that thread it seemed like the problem mostly was the wiring for the 3rd brake light. For example if I took the tails from a 14 lx coupe and tried plug and play on my 13 lx coupe should there be any difference? As far as I can tell the lighting for lx trims appear the same between those years as the 3rd brake light is inside and not on the trunk.

I've yet to see a 14 coupe owner sign up here. We'd need someone to confirm the harness plugs are the same size/shape/etc. I have no idea if @CollegeHillsHonda has any 14 coupes in? Any chance you have a way of seeing if the 13 LX taillight plugs are the same as the 14 LX coupe plugs?

Back