2014 Honda Civic SI Knock Sensor Replacement

Daniel Johnston

Since purchasing this vehicle a few months ago. The "check emission" reading has sporadically come on and off. The code refers to the knock sensor being faulty. I just received the knock sensor in the mail today and can't seem to find any DIY videos or manuals for the 9th gen Si's. The knock sensor seems to be in a different place and it looks totally different than the 8th gen. Anybody else done this themselves and care to share?

Thanks

I've not done it, but @ron v wrote this before -

The ks is Gonna be right above ur oil pressure sensor (which is directly above ur oil filter) and right above the gold bar. Should be a 12mm. Ur gonna need some u joints to get in there and trust me it's gonna be a pita. I usually just take the intake manifold off to gain super easy access. U can get cheap ones but I'd recommend going oem but that just me.

@webby I think that quote may have been referring to an old b-series.

On the k24, the knock sensor is on the front of the block. Mounted on a single stud with a 12mm nut. It is under the intake so I am not sure if it is reachable front under the car.

OP, what exact code are you getting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea that was for the b series.

The k series is just as much a pain in the ***. It’s just me but I take off the im to reach it and save some headaches.

Back