2014 Toyota Corolla now on toyota.com

Not sure I see it. Which of the competition are they copying?

As for the new styling, I don't mind it.

Specifically, it has a front bumper similar to the Civic coupes front bumper/grill, it has black/chrome wheels like the 2013 Si, half colored side mirrors, and the taillights go onto the trunk. also, the rear lower bumper looks similar to the 2012 Si bumper. The muffler tip looks similar to Si as well. Steering wheel looks like a cheap version of the Civic's.

The taillights look like the Elantra's.
Fog lights remind me of Kia Forte's.

Last edited:
I watched a Motorweek youtube video about the new Corolla and saw something that wasn't in the pre-production pics. In those pics, the CVT transmission had an "autostick" type of shifting, + by pushing forward, - by pulling back. When I watched the Motorweek video, it showed a closeup of the guy moving from the "D", over
to an "S", the down to a "B".

The only draw I had about that car was the possibility of having 7 "gears" to manually select on my own with a forward + and backward - "bump". If this is how they truly are [the D to S to B], then I'm defiinitely not interested. I assume that "S" would be "Sport". I am uncertain what the "B" would even be.​

Saw a new 2014 Corolla on the road today. Was getting near sunset so I had my auto headlights on which were nighttime headlights. The Toyota was driving without any lights on even though the sun was almost gone. I was like 'It's 2013 and Toyota still won't put auto headlights in their base models.' People keep drinking that Toyota kool aid though.

Back