2015 Civic SI Nube bolt on ideas?

RJS87714

I'm pretty new to the forums so hello everyone that looks at this and hope everyone had a good new year and Christmas but back to what I was talking about. I have just purchase a 2015 civic si this summer and have not done anything to it yet. I don't have the money for turbo kits or anything big yet but was wondering what bolt on parts are most beneficial. I plan on installing a turbo but don't know what to about that yet, but want to make sure the bolt on's are gonna be compatible still once the turbo is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think about it for a while and do ALOT of reading on this site. I am in the same boat as you , bone stock FG4. I go back and forth on what to do and every time I come to the same decision. This car, to me, is not worth dropping a Turbo or Supercharger money into. Once you drop 5-9k in parts into a 20k ish car you: 1 will never get that money back out of it and 2 just paid half of the cars value in aftermarket. As a rule of thumb I only like to upgrade to 10% of a cars value. Anything over 10% and i probably should of just bought a different car to start with.

As for bolt-ons, from my forum lurking most of them seem to be minimal gains for the cost. Not to mention you need a tune for pretty much everything for it to fully perform. If you truly plan on doing a turbo build I would wait till you are ready to fully do it (both cost and knowledge wise), maybe do some suspension work in the mean time.

Whatever you decide to do enjoy the experience and welcome to the forums!

Just think about it for a while and do ALOT of reading on this site. I am in the same boat as you , bone stock FG4. I go back and forth on what to do and every time I come to the same decision. This car, to me, is not worth dropping a Turbo or Supercharger money into. Once you drop 5-9k in parts into a 20k ish car you: 1 will never get that money back out of it and 2 just paid half of the cars value in aftermarket. As a rule of thumb I only like to upgrade to 10% of a cars value. Anything over 10% and i probably should of just bought a different car to start with.

As for bolt-ons, from my forum lurking most of them seem to be minimal gains for the cost. Not to mention you need a tune for pretty much everything for it to fully perform. If you truly plan on doing a turbo build I would wait till you are ready to fully do it (both cost and knowledge wise), maybe do some suspension work in the mean time.

Whatever you decide to do enjoy the experience and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the feedback and I am really enjoying the experience, might do coil overs and wheels in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He made some good points. You really need hondata and a custom tune to get the benefit of whatever mods you do. You'll need hondata when you go supercharger or turbo. That would probably be the best item to purchase since you can use it later. You could even just run the reflash map until you do mods and you'll have a nice bump in power just being stock.

Intakes have very little gains, and many lose power. Downpipes are the best bang for the buck, but you really need tuned with hondata after installing.

Back