2015 Civic window wash is not pumping, is the pump audible?

Robert Ian

Daytona Beach FL USA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
sedan
My 2015 Civic window wash is not pumping. Is the pump audible under some conditions to verify that the interior lever switch is working? Where is the pump located? Is access to the pump easy?

first thing - is there fluid in the reservoir? Your profile says Daytona, so I'm guessing you're not in a cold area currently? Lines can freeze, so that's why I was asking about your location.

first thing - is there fluid in the reservoir? Your profile says Daytona, so I'm guessing you're not in a cold area currently? Lines can freeze, so that's why I was asking about your location.

Thanks for the reply!
Since the car is only a few months old, the washer tank filled to the rim and not being very cold the washer fluid or a clogged nozzle may not be the primary cause. In my other cars I could always hear the washer pump while the engine is idling. Maybe the Civic needs to test it with the engine off since the wipers running creates some noise.
How is it with your Civic?

Im not sure I understand the question, but there is a noise when you activate the squirters. I can hear it with the engine on and with my audio at a comfortable level at 15.

Unfortunately I don't have a 9th gen civic to test it for you. Someone else will have to chime in on the pump noise. You could check the fuse panel under the dash on the drivers side.

Looks like it may be fuse #28 15amp

interior-png.28122

You will hear any washer pump from around the wheel well that the reservoir is located on. Our's is on the passenger side. Have someone pull the lever while you listen by the wheel, you should here it. You should hear from inside the car honestly (can't say I've payed enough attention recently to confirm but strongly feel I've heard it plenty of times). If you don't hear anything then check the fuse as webby has recommended, possible it blew from multiple random reasons. If you do hear something but nothing sprays then remove the line where it splits to each individual washer nozzle and see if anything comes out from there when you pull the lever. I've seen these get clogged. Chances are if you don't hear anything and you check the fuse for it and it's good then your pump is bad/disconnected or have wire issues that the dealer should take care of under warranty.

My 2015 Civic window wash is not pumping. Is the pump audible under some conditions to verify that the interior lever switch is working? Where is the pump located? Is access to the pump easy?
The pump is located with the washer fluid bottle behind the bumper. You can't see it without taking the bumper off as far as I know.

Back