2015 si sedan

20191128-205411.jpg

Read a write up on this install a while ago about disconnecting the positive harness from the fuse box instead of removing the upper rad. Much easier.

20191128-205123.jpg

I feel a ground kit is in the future list of mods. Couldnt believe how this looks.

20191128-203527.jpg

I was successful at loading a non carb canned tune with a used $350 Hondata tuner-was worried it wasn't working, but it does.-a bit of a battle to figure out how to get it to work-used the hondata web site to get the software. changed redline to 7500 and got rid of the rev shifter lag, also got rid of the speed limiter of 136mph, now it might be able to do up to 168mph at 7500. I recently got a new smart phone that I can use with the blue tooth function on the Hondata tuner to monitor the honda si engine in real time which is quite important. a/f, coolant temp. I don't know yet all the things it can do. There is a canned tune for 3.5 intake and one with a 3.5 intake and 3" exhaust without a cat. I would run a free flowing cat so it can pass inspection, I hope. The 2013 si has a very restrictive exhaust, the biggest gain would come from a free flowing 3" exhaust. It's like honda was nurturing the car with its crappy tune, shifter rev hang, really low speed limiter and exhaust. Anyone who drives a honda si can tell this engine is special the way it wants to rev higher than most cars. I am still learning on how to drive it. It seems to really like revving up the engine quite high, it does not like low revs. Still looking for a tuner. The weather is nasty and salt on the road so I am barely driving it till spring time.:joke:This is a very high tech car and a tuner should all ways be the first thing you do.

So we're just gonna ignore this Lego maze under this box? What's the story? I'm intrigued...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's my 5 year olds. He's starting to like Lego which makes me happy. It's supposed to be a Lego road for a city. Wish I kept my Lego as a kid.

I was successful at loading a non carb canned tune with a used $350 Hondata tuner-was worried it wasn't working, but it does.-a bit of a battle to figure out how to get it to work-used the hondata web site to get the software. changed redline to 7500 and got rid of the rev shifter lag, also got rid of the speed limiter of 136mph, now it might be able to do up to 168mph at 7500. I recently got a new smart phone that I can use with the blue tooth function on the Hondata tuner to monitor the honda si engine in real time which is quite important. a/f, coolant temp. I don't know yet all the things it can do. There is a canned tune for 3.5 intake and one with a 3.5 intake and 3" exhaust without a cat. I would run a free flowing cat so it can pass inspection, I hope. The 2013 si has a very restrictive exhaust, the biggest gain would come from a free flowing 3" exhaust. It's like honda was nurturing the car with its crappy tune, shifter rev hang, really low speed limiter and exhaust. Anyone who drives a honda si can tell this engine is special the way it wants to rev higher than most cars. I am still learning on how to drive it. It seems to really like revving up the engine quite high, it does not like low revs. Still looking for a tuner. The weather is nasty and salt on the road so I am barely driving it till spring time.:joke:This is a very high tech car and a tuner should all ways be the first thing you do.

Those tunes aren't meant to be used long term. Get an e tune. Etunez has a black Friday deal for the next like 12 hours for 20% off. Even without the deal it's worth the money.

Last edited:
That's my 5 year olds. He's starting to like Lego which makes me happy. It's supposed to be a Lego road for a city. Wish I kept my Lego as a kid.

Those tunes aren't meant to be used long term. Get an e tune. Etunez has a black Friday deal for the next like 12 hours for 20% off. Even without the deal it's worth the money.
that's true you want a tuner, but I was testing out the hondata to learn how to use it, that canned tune is actually pretty good and blows away the stock tune which is much worse. it's far better. I can use my smart phone to check on how its doing by using the blue tooth on the Hondata. I check out e tune. I haven't done any mods except replace the air filter with a carquest 3hp HA hA. Looks like this acurity air filter kit actually works. I think, I will try it out soon. There is a canned tune for 3.5 air filters too. Hondata said their canned tune non carb is actually pretty good for what it is.

etunez -tune is $250, where is the 20% off. I kind of think -do the mods then use canned tune's then pro tune,. But first I want to get my smart phone watching car engine with the blue tooth, so I don't screw the engine up. If you rush your going to screw up the car.

Promo code " thankful " for the discount. Not sure how much longer it's offered.

Not sure I understand what you mean by rush? If you do a mod you get a tune after. They will start with a similar tune for your setup. You do a data log. Send the data log and they send a revision of the tune. It's pretty safe.

ok, but 20% off isn't working. It's still $250 not bad. I want to setup smart phone to monitor the engine before I do anything else.:popcornbig:

It works, and you can wait to start the tuning for whenever I’m sure. He has your money, so I’m sure he doesn’t care how quick you use his services.

0B60C3F4-BCC4-44CD-A3EE-4D6012130B22.jpeg

Do what you want. But you don't have to monitor your engine. I'm assuming you mean air fuel. The tuner will be looking at that for you.

a tuner isn't in the car with a a/f monitor seeing if the car is running real lean or very rich that's up to the driver. If you don't monitor the engine when tuning- you could blow up your motor. I would all ways lean on protecting the engine.:bananapoke:

It works, and you can wait to start the tuning for whenever I’m sure. He has your money, so I’m sure he doesn’t care how quick you use his services.

View attachment 59916
Ok , Maybe I used lower case. I try again-If it works. I will get the tune. I got the web site to work. I am buying the tune- I won't be tuning till spring time, The goal is acurity intake and 3" Full exhaust with high flow cat and pro tune. 200Hp+
Thank you,
$200 is a lot better than $350. Ok, I paid for a fancy tune. I wonder how fast a si 2013 with acurity intake and full 3" exhaust and pro tune will go? Should I delete the back seat and seat belts too like I did with the srt-4 ? I gave me about 65 pounds +less on the SRT-4. I like cheap speed tricks .

Last edited:
I understand wanting to see your air fuel and all. It's just not necessary. You do one pull to redline on the first data log then don't do any more pulls till the next revision. Just don't drive it hard when you start the tuning process and you won't blow your engine. You should start your own build thread. Lol.

Anyways. Finished installing. Left the bumper off for some experimenting.

20191130-195353.jpg

Couple things I didn't like so much. Positive wire routing touches the throttle body a little. Probably not a big deal. Routing of the negative battery sensor harness. I just used some zip ties to secure it out of the way. Also I'm not sure if my battery is too tall but I had to turnt he negative terminal a little to stop it from hitting the cowl.

Also didn't realize I had to bypass the throttle coolant hoses. I read the instructions several times before realizing it and then it made sense. Drove it to get it to operating Temp to bleed the coolant a little. Also noticed my coolant level is too low so I'll have to get a jug.
It's been a while since I've driven a modified Honda. Love the sound.

What tune are you going to use? the stock tune won't work any more. The hondata has a canned tune for a 3.5 inch intake, but it is doubtful it will match the acurity intake that well because of the difference in the curves-air flow, but it would work better then the now lean stock tune. To make this intake work really well req's a 3" full exhaust and a etune. If you don't have a tune, I wouldn't drive the car at all till you do. The relocated battery would move the weight back some- that's a plus. My srt-4 was running lean due to a faulty fuel pump and dirty fuel injectors. a dangerous condition for the engine, the a/f gauge told me that was a problem and a fuel pressure gauge showed the injectors weren't working correctly. Injectors had to be removed and blown out with a air gun then worked again. Fuel pump had to be replaced. I don't know why you think its ok to not monitor the a/f. I had a bad tune and was running very lean, the whole engine ran extremely Hot. I noticed Honda's have a better fuel pump then dodges. Well I like your thread so I see what not to do:lildevil:. You had a short cut idea that was good. I think your installation isn't too bad, but isn't there a hole in curve not plugged up or suppose to do something at least that was in the pic. I can't really tell.:shadyhat:

Watching a/f is def a good idea, not saying it's not. Just not a big issue if you haven't messed with any fuel delivery to cause a lean condition. The first revision tune given in an etune is going to be rich so there's not much to worry about going lean. They have tuned a bunch of cars with a lot of various set ups to get a good base map. Better than anything available on the flashpro. I have been looking at my data from my phone from day one but not very closely.

I drove around the block and made a couple light pulls and didn't even register any knocks, didn't pay too much attention to the a/f. I'd rather drive it with my current tune that. Any basemap on flashpro. I won't be driving the car till spring anyways. Still plan on getting a down pipe and exhaust before spring then purchase a re tune.

No holes in the intake. There's a brace attaching it to the frame rail. Maybe that's what you see?

One other thing I didn't like was how close the carbon fiber part of the intake is to the pcm bracket. I think I can make the gap bigger with a little more adjusting.

Well I want to install a acurity CAI, I like how they made it. In fact I am very impressed with it, so you have a base tune for 3.5 intake. I wasn't sure. I don't want to tune the car twice to save some dough, so canned tune 3.5 intake using the smart phone to monitor a/f. Next step pick a 3" full exhaust with high flow cat then throw in another canned tune that is just temp. also using the smart phone the monitor a/f. Last step is the pro tune. My method saves some dough and in the end does exactly the same thing. I am running a canned tune non -carb right now and it is better than stock and fixed something I really hated the rev hang. Not really driving the Honda much due to salty roads. My other cars get the beating from salt. Well looks like you did a excellent job. I think you might be correct just let the tuner get the bugs out, the tuner starts with a rich a/f mixture, the canned tunes could be unsafe however, the diablosport canned performance tune for a srt-4 was too lean. I don't know anything about how hondata sets their canned tunes, I suppose I need to call them and find out.

Last edited:
i dont have any tune for the intake. just the stock tune with k&n drop in filter with etunez. i will not be driving this car for months. i plan on getting a full race catless downpipe and cat back exhaust before then and i'll purchase a re tune with etunez which will give me a first revision with similar mods to get a base line tune . this is basically what the "canned" tunes on flashpro are about. they are used to get you to a tuner safely, i probably would never run one for long or do any pulls with it. you may be saving money using these and waiting to get a final tune but it probably isnt safe. in this situation i would be closely monitoring your a/f for sure but again, its not meant to be used long term. these tunes are usually very rich so you could possibly foul plugs or o2 sensors. this is just from reading about them and being a licensed technician can understand easily.

ideally you should install all mods and start your e tune that way. or just do the tune with your first mod, save up for the rest and purchase a re tune. this is just cheap insurance for your engine. its like doing oil changes more frequently. cheaper to do an oil change every 3k miles (6k kms for me, although i do it even more ofter) than to have a possible engine failure over time because you went 10k km or more.

i recently had a discussion with fkx racing on instagram about how these ecus are self learning and he claims you dont need a tune with specific mods that he sells, ie specific intake and exhaust mods. he says the ecu will automatically adjust a/f over time to support the mods. he got pretty passionate about this while i kept asking questions about it. personally id rather just spend the money and get it tuned properly.

So I wanted to see what the car would look like with no chrome. Wanting to wrap the front grill and bump chrome pieces as well. Too ricey? I have to redo it because it was my first time and there's bumbles and I cut too much on the one corner.

IMG-20191201-191744-419.jpg

Bunch of people have wrapped the chrome or covered it with plastidip. I see no issue with it.

Back