2015 Si wheels copied by VW?....

ZeroTX

Houston, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Anyone else notice that the design is virtually the same? I think the wheel and tire size is also the same. I know, it's not really a revolutionary design, but i thought it odd that both of these cars came on the market at virtually the same time with wheels that are almost the same.... and I did look up close and see that the tire size is also the same (that's good news for us 2014 owners, as more common tires = cheaper tires).

2014-honda-civic-si-coupe-sema-18inch_wheels.jpg

2015-volkswagen-gti-wheels-static.jpg

BTW, I like the Bridgestone tires on the GTI a lot better.... nice rim protection and less "busy" looking.... Performance-wise, I dunno.

I wouldn't really say so. They are both similar, but not quite.

I think Chrysler copied the 2012 Si wheels though.
2015-chrysler-200s-front-wheel-view.jpg

I agree with @Chattownstunna they both kinda cave in towards the center the same. I feel Honda just added a slight twist to the spokes then added the groove.

Anybody know the weight of the new civic si wheels must be heavy and I wonder if it makes the car slower then a 13 si

Since we're talking about vdubs why does my girls 2005 2.0 jetta have a harder hitting stock sound system that my si. I'm a long time die hard Honda guy, and I've come to accept that hondas sound systems kinda sucks. but it's 2014 honda, come on and step up already. I still love my civic though.

Back