2015 Subaru WRX Concept

I know the pros and cons to the longer loans but I'd like to keep my payment under $500/month. My local CU is 2.49 for 72 months.

financially, over a 60 month loan is not a good deal unless you are at 0% or something crazy low. If you pay the minimum over the loan, at sale/trade in, you will likely be behind.

I put no money down on my ST (bought extended warranty as well) but I got my loan through Ford Credit at 0% for 60 mo

Yeah I pay mine off early. Well my WRX I paid off in a bit over 4 years.

I know the pros and cons to the longer loans but I'd like to keep my payment under $500/month. My local CU is 2.49 for 72 months.

Subaru offers 2.9% if qualified.

Subaru offers 2.9% if qualified.

Yeah, that's going to be the tricky part. My credit is good, but not great. I've gotten tier 1 on my last couple Acura's and my wife's Honda simply because I've been with Honda since Dec '05. No late payments, just using lots of my available credit on revolving accounts and a short sale on my home in 2010. :(

I've been emailing back and forth with two dealerships.

One is $500 over invoice and the other is about $200 over invoice.

Both dealerships are about 30-40 minutes from me. I want to see what they will give me for my '07 WRX but I hate driving all the way down there. Both dealerships I would have to go through a toll ($8/round trip) ugh #cheap

There is another dealership closer to me. I might email them to see what prices they would work out for a '15 WRX Limited. Also could see how much they would give me for my car without paying tolls. Hmmmm

I've been emailing back and forth with two dealerships.

One is $500 over invoice and the other is about $200 over invoice.

Both dealerships are about 30-40 minutes from me. I want to see what they will give me for my '07 WRX but I hate driving all the way down there. Both dealerships I would have to go through a toll ($8/round trip) ugh #cheap

There is another dealership closer to me. I might email them to see what prices they would work out for a '15 WRX Limited. Also could see how much they would give me for my car without paying tolls. Hmmmm

LOL. So I went to the Subaru dealer closest to me and filled out an app and they took my trade in info. They said they would call me back the next day since the finance guy was busy helping someone else and it was almost closing time....that was last Tuesday!!! Still no word back from them which is very poor customer service and it looks like I won't be working with them. :/

Fortunately I have a good friend who has worked in the auto industry a long time and he's having one of his Subaru connections helping me out now. I should have went to him first but didn't think he'd be able to help on a new car. He sent me some auction reports showing what my TSX has been selling for over the last few months, so I should be able to get what I need on my trade. The only issue is his buddy said I'd probably have to order the WRX as it doesn't sound like there are many out there right now, at least not the Limited in WRB. I do see a white one shown in stock where I bought my '08 TSX, but it's at a dealer I refuse to work with now after they jacked up my wife's RL. Should know more this week...

Last edited:
Since the WRX is the IIHS top safety pick, shouldn't the insurance be a little lower than the previous gen?

No, it won't. It is considered a risky car. Too many people smash them so all owners pay.

For comparison, my 3 year old ex- 2011 WRX cost 43% more than my new 2014 Fiesta ST (same coverage).

No, it won't. It is considered a risky car. Too many people smash them so all owners pay.

For comparison, my 3 year old ex- 2011 WRX cost 43% more than my new 2014 Fiesta ST (same coverage).

The fiesta also rated as the top -"good" in the updated crash testing system.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has given the Fiesta top 'good' results in frontal, side, rear, and roof-strength tests--and the Fiesta earns the Top Safety Pick designation.
the 2011 would not meet that with the new test standards

It might be a little lower though than the previous gen. Just a little.

So I met with the dealer today, ordered one up, put down deposit, and then they just couldn't get the numbers where I wanted on my trade. Even though my car is immaculate (which they agreed) and they showed 2 cars like mine having sold for over $24k recently, they simply weren't willing to give me $22500 for it and I just wasn't willing to roll in negative equity on the new car, especially when they would only do $500 off of MSRP. I'll just wait until my Acura lease is up and get the WRX for under invoice. Kind of bummed though as I was all excited for this car and my buddy thought they'd work with me more than that.....one price dealers FTL. :(

Looking forward to seeing what the FA20 can do, though I'm extremely frustrated they didn't upgrade the transmission.

They did! It's a 6 speed now. ;)

You test drive one? Selling yours to the dealer?

Yes I went this morning with my wife and we test drove a Silver WRX Premium. They didn't have a WRX Limited (no one within a reasonable driving distance has any). Put a deposit on the order :)

Not sure about what I'm going to do with mine yet. I have roughly 8-12 weeks to decide since that's how long it takes (possibly sooner) to order one..

sell it to Jason :)

He wouldn't want it.

It has been taken care of and rarely hit boost :giggle: :hiding:

You know what I mean! Haha!

Really though, that transmission won't be able to handle any real power, or should I say, torque.

Yes I knew what you meant. Just being a douche ;) :giggle:

Yes I don't care about it handling any real power/torque since it will be plenty powerful enough for me.

Yes I knew what you meant. Just being a douche ;) :giggle:

Yes I don't care about it handling any real power/torque since it will be plenty powerful enough for me.
If that's the truth, I envy you. I was satisfied with the Rex's power for a couple months, then went Stage 1, then dabbled in Stage 2 before selling. As expected, I'm almost used to the Evo's stock power levels. This stuff costs too much!

If that's the truth, I envy you. I was satisfied with the Rex's power for a couple months, then went Stage 1, then dabbled in Stage 2 before selling. As expected, I'm almost used to the Evo's stock power levels. This stuff costs too much!

Yeah my buddy (who had previously a '06 WRX -> '06 STi -> '07 TL Type S) bought an EVO X

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net...1_10202509745598219_7734444149883004062_o.jpg

^ didn't want to embed it since this is the SUBARU thread ;) but that's his EVO

He's had it for a few months now. I need to get ahold of him and go for a ride :)

Back