2017 Civic Si Revealed

Yeah I saw that too, lately I have been really thinking of selling my Si, even with full bolts ons and tuned, it feels kinda slow. I really want to move onto an AWD platform.

Yeah I saw that too, lately I have been really thinking of selling my Si, even with full bolts ons and tuned, it feels kinda slow. I really want to move onto an AWD platform.

Yeah, but WHICH? I've been in 'em all.

Boost is all you need. K Series LOVE boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly I have been driving my friend's evo 9 lately and its growing on me, which one did you like the most and why?

Yes I have also thought about boost (CT kit), but Im not sure yet

Honestly I have been driving my friend's evo 9 lately and its growing on me, which one did you like the most and why?

Yes I have also thought about boost CT kit, but Im not sure yet

Subaru's are better daily drivers, but I wouldn't modify one while it's being financed. They're not the most reliable.

Evo's are SUPER mod friendly, but uncomfortable to drive every day. The five speed sucks, and the chassis too stiff. The CT9A (VIII and IX) is even worse.

VW's Golf R is probably the best of both worlds, both comfortable and mod friendly. Volkswagen themselves can flash an APR Tune and Stage 1 is usually covered under warranty. That being said, I went with a MK7 GTI because the cost difference wasn't worth it to me.

I was not at all impressed with the Focus RS. I feel like Ford tried making it something it wasn't. No rattles or creeks when I drove one, but I'm sure it'll turn into a crap econo box after the first year or so. Just like the Mustangs. It's fast, but I believe there were a bunch of over boost issues right from the start.

I'll just throw this out there.. I got tired of driving my Evo every day. It was fast and fun, but loud and smelly. Didn't get great gas mileage, and the Recaros hurt my back on long drives. I bought the Si, but knew I'd end up boosting it and being right back where I started. Grabbed this GTI and it's quicker than my old Evo, but way more comfortable and easier to drive. The boy racer in me still cried out so I grabbed another DSM. There needs to be some balance. At least in my opinion.

Sorry for the long post, and I forgot to post my favorite. Haha.

I still want a WRX Wagon I can STI Swap. Just don't have unlimited funds. So yeah, Subies. Just wouldn't finance one again.

Guy locally has an older forester that's more box shaped and has a sti swap in it. It's insanely loud, but it's a cool little car. You can hear him ripping around from like a mile away.

I don't know. He drives around here all of the time, but I've never had a chance to talk to him or run into his car in public parking lots or whatever. I don't know where he lives.

@stilletto thanks for all the info, ok so a newer wrx with bolt ons and a tune will not be reliable? That's unfortunate because I like the wrx as well, and I can't keep a car stock, yeah I have heard that about the evo's. About the gti, are they more reliable nowdays? Reason is my bother had an 05 gti (I know older model) he was at 90k and his thermostat went out 3 times after having it replaced, the car also overheated do to that issue, so since then vw wasnt very reliable to me, I want a car that I can keep 5+ years that can be reliable if moded.

Bahahaha. Ask @bootyluvr.

MK6's have proven to be good cars, the MK7 is still new. I had the dealership throw in a 7yr/100k Bumper to Bumper so no worries. VW's real easy to deal with right now because of their diesel issues.

MK6's have proven to be good cars, the MK7 is still new. I had the dealership throw in a 7yr/100k Bumper to Bumper so no worries. VW's real easy to deal with right now because of their diesel issues.

I have been tagged. :wave:

I'm too lazy to read.... Something something how's the '15+ WRX reliability with mods something something ??

Personally my '15 WRX is stock (axleback is all) so I can't give personal experiences but from reading the FB groups and forums (Nasioc/ClubWRX) quite a bit of people are modding their '15+ WRX's without issue. It's all about what mods you are doing and a proper tune.

The '15+ WRX's are new(er) and have only been out since March April 2014 (I got mine in July 2014). With the DIT engine people don't know how bad the carbon build up is. There are a few owners out there with around 60k miles and have reported buildup but nothing extreme. A few owners have already did walnut blasting to remove the buildup.

This guy ( https://www.youtube.com/user/LastHumansGarage/videos )is ridiculous with his videos (606 videos of his '15 WRX over the past 2 years). He enjoys making them (and talking) but has some videos with his mods. He's gone through so many setups. Stock/Aftermarket DP to stock catback/Different DP to stock catback/ect... But he is Stage 2 with an e-tune.

This guy (different) has a '15 WRX with bolt ons + e55 + tune and is loving it. -> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790401

That's crazy.

That's a stock 10th EX Turbo vs stock 9th Si ?? :omg:

Subaru's are better daily drivers, but I wouldn't modify one while it's being financed. They're not the most reliable.

You keep saying this... I forget why you are so bitter with Subaru and their reliability after being modded? Did yours blow up? I forget (seriously). Not being a dick.

So yeah, Subies. Just wouldn't finance one again.

I financed both my '07 WRX and '15 WRX (current)... The '15 WRX isn't modified (performance wise) but the '07 WRX was modded pretty well (VF43 + supporting mods + tune + suspension + ect). She was fine with 125k miles.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it! I may end up liking it.

I have been tagged. :wave:

I'm too lazy to read.... Something something how's the '15+ WRX reliability with mods something something ??

Personally my '15 WRX is stock (axleback is all) so I can't give personal experiences but from reading the FB groups and forums (Nasioc/ClubWRX) quite a bit of people are modding their '15+ WRX's without issue. It's all about what mods you are doing and a proper tune.

The '15+ WRX's are new(er) and have only been out since March April 2014 (I got mine in July 2014). With the DIT engine people don't know how bad the carbon build up is. There are a few owners out there with around 60k miles and have reported buildup but nothing extreme. A few owners have already did walnut blasting to remove the buildup.

This guy ( https://www.youtube.com/user/LastHumansGarage/videos )is ridiculous with his videos (606 videos of his '15 WRX over the past 2 years). He enjoys making them (and talking) but has some videos with his mods. He's gone through so many setups. Stock/Aftermarket DP to stock catback/Different DP to stock catback/ect... But he is Stage 2 with an e-tune.

This guy (different) has a '15 WRX with bolt ons + e55 + tune and is loving it. -> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790401

Lol thanks for the info, Im also assuming the issues you have had are due to it being an early model just like the early 2012 si, plus as usual, proper bolt ons and the right tuner helps.

Lol thanks for the info, Im also assuming the issues you have had are due to it being an early model just like the early 2012 si, plus as usual, proper bolt ons and the right tuner helps.

I didn't know you were following my thread :giggle: I'm a forum wh0re and can't keep track of who posts where and such :hiding:

But as for my issues... The throw-out bearing making noise (in today for 2nd replacement) isn't for an early model issue. 2016 and 2017 WRX owners are complaining about it also. Some of the other issues were because of first year model ECM Reprogramming for Pre-Ignition the stock tune was garbage/throttle response was weird as ****. 50% pedal throttle would really be 100%.. Basically they wanted you to think it was quicker than it really is. lol

I had a P0016 CEL (Camshaft Crankshaft sensor) and they replaced the sensor but CEL came back.. So they replaced the ECM. That was like under 10k miles I believe.

Did you have any issues with the HPFP? I know FRS/BRZ owners had those problems.

I'm not exactly bitter, but it's hard to find a Subaru dealership that's mod friendly. I'm usually modded and tuned within a year of owning a new car, and all you need is one small issue to cause them to flag your vehicle. Couldn't imagine having to pay for an engine or something out of pocket.

Back