2024 Acura Integra Type S

how are you liking the type s so far?
So far I like it. It’s got the ebony interior which is black with red stitching and a red background to the perforated microsuede in the seats. Probably the most cohesive interior look from what I estimate based on the review videos with the red or orchid interiors. Black with red stitching all around on the front seats, wheel, the back seats, the shifter, etc.

Gotta get used to the fact it’s about 6” wider than the Civic was. I’ve been referencing parking spots and being off-centered or on the line on one side (maybe unconsciously double parking). Hood is more prominent and longer, gonna have to get used to that too. But it’s got idiot sensors on it so you don’t hit things. Those can be kinda annoying when pulling in/out of the garage but I believe you can shut those off. Shut off the auto-brights feature. Was driving on a nearby road and they kept going on/off - nope I’ll do the manually, thank you.

The tank is only 12.4 gallons, so it’s gonna need frequent refills. Maybe they were prepping for range anxiety… Only getting 21 mpg on this tank, so looks like it’ll hit empty around 200-220 miles assuming 2 gallons left in the bottom of the tank when the light comes on. Been a lot of stop and go traffic this weekend. My commutes are longer distance and more consistent freeway type speeds, so should boost it to the mid-20s.

Another gripe probably is the infotainment screen. Seems like it’s fairly low resolution so the backup camera isn’t the clearest thing. Pretty sure it’s not the actual camera but the screen. But I like that there are several different viewing angles when backing up in the garage, I can look at the overhead view to see how much space I have before I need to stop. That’s cool. I’m not watching on a OLED, but it gets the job done.

The shifter is so much more firm than the Si was and clutch engagement firm. Almost like I’ve heard with upgraded cables or bushings. Steering is heavier and more more communicative than the Si too. Exhaust has a nice note to it and is just loud enough. It’s fun and I’m doing my best to modulate and not go past 5000 rpm - might’ve happened once ;) It really pulls nicely when you want to get on it. The exhaust burbles go from non-existent to almost a pop depending on how much gas you’re giving it when you back off or shift. No where near the Hyundai N. That was noticed by my favorite passenger - your car exhaust kinda pops, is it supposed to do that? Also, why does it have 3 exhaust pipes out the middle?

Playing with the different settings, I haven’t noticed a whole lot of difference. Well, the burbles and a bit of exhaust loudness goes away, but it’s slight. Suspension I really couldn’t tell much difference. Tire noise gets up there at freeway speeds you’re running 265 width Pilot Sport 4S tires. It’s not as quiet as a Lexus but much better than the Si ever imagined being.

Overall pleased with the purchase and a nice upgrade from what I had. It’s got the right number of pedals, it’s middle luxurious, and it’ll be very fun, borderline jail fun should you let it get that far.

Was driving on a nearby road and they kept going on/off - nope I’ll do the manually, thank you.
100%!!! My wife's car has this and it drives me insane. It triggers the brights off when there are reflections off some road signs, house lights etc. I can't stand the auto on/off high beams after experiencing it.

Kind of sounds like my experience with the FK8. They did do some updates to the suspension compared to the FK8 so that it was a bit smoother. Maybe the different settings aren't as noticeable now? I used to be def be able to tell the difference in normal and R mode.

Surprised on the mpg. Def should get better. I believe I used to get 280-300 to the tank but prob less in city driving compared to you.

k-on-mugi.gif

As much it would pain me not to have Champ White....I would have to go with the apex blue.

Why does the Integra have the name in the bumper? I don't get that... It's like etched in the rear bumper.

Back