2024 Honda Prologue

• Staff
I would buy depending on the price and ranges…..maybe smaller wheels also, lol.

Interior is pretty nice too but the center screen is no good. Should have done the wide screen like Hyundai.

The horizontal led in the headlamp immediately made me think of the grand Cherokee led.

61763073-B059-4E2C-8385-64251D8E91F2.jpeg

I also wish they could integrate the “tablet” screen more into the dash or instrument cluster somehow. All of these companies are doing similar things. It just looks like an afterthought glued onto the dash. Otherwise I feel like people will respond positively to this design. It seems very neutral without it screaming, “I’m a funky electric design”. I can see it selling well if it’s priced decent.

• Staff
The horizontal led in the headlamp immediately made me think of the grand Cherokee led.

View attachment 65311

I also wish they could integrate the “tablet” screen more into the dash or instrument cluster somehow. All of these companies are doing similar things. It just looks like an afterthought glued onto the dash. Otherwise I feel like people will respond positively to this design. It seems very neutral without it screaming, “I’m a funky electric design”. I can see it selling well if it’s priced decent.
Yeah, most articles say that Honda mentioned about going back to a simple and clean design.

Front def looks like a Grand Cherokee and the rear looks like a Range Rover sport

i kinda like it, at least it looks like a car compared to all the aerodynamic eggs

but.... its a GM collaboration for the EV systems, based on the EV Blazer

• Staff
That’s kinda the big question for me. Why team up with GM on battery tech. I’m sure it’s for cost purposes but one would think that Honda could create their own EV tech?

GM make their own batteries or does someone else make them for GM.

This partnership is about scale. Together, Honda and GM have among the most robust manufacturing and distribution processes available and, depending on the exact terms, should be able to leverage these strengths to quickly and efficiently flood the market with EVs.

The two automakers have a history of working together, including a previous deal to co-develop the Honda Prologue and Acura’s first EV. The two automakers are also working together with Cruise, and are jointly developing the self-driving Cruise Origin.

more
https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/05/g...rtner-to-make-millions-of-affordable-evs/amp/

I didn't expect it to be bigger than the crv. huh

I read some article today that stated that this Prologue would/might qualify for the US gov $7500 “credit” since the car/ev stuff will be manufactured here in the US.

Some nice news to fish some more sales.

the ZDX reveal was kinda not that thrilling, the specs of the car are ok compared to the rest of the EV-SUV bracket. the prologue still looks intriguing but GM has had so many issues getting the Ultium platform market ready, i just dont have a ton of confidence in the cars right now.

hopefully the Prologue looks more honda in the interior than the ZDX, to me the ZDX looks like we slapped some fake leather and brushed metal from the Acura palette onto a standard GM interior.

Back