Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
Bunch of heresaid and rumors but you never know. Hatchback pics are just renderings but would be a cool departure from the current designs, although they would all still look pretty much the same. i can hardy tell the difference from the 3 and the Y when driving by them. The new battery cell technology that is "pretty much market ready" from Panasonic gives a good validity of a cheaper electric car, or at least helping out range and/or lowering price of all electric cars.

I would be really interested depending on the range and final price. But with Tesla, add another year or two to whatever timeline they say of when a car would come out, lol.

Not sure I'll be an adopter of the electric car just yet

^ This.

Especially since I don't have a garage or driveway/parking pad to put the car so I can charge it.. And my work sites don't have charging stations plus I travel for work to various sites..

I have a place at work and home to charge, but they just don't really appeal to me

This one gets close though..

• Staff
^ This.

Especially since I don't have a garage or driveway/parking pad to put the car so I can charge it.. And my work sites don't have charging stations plus I travel for work to various sites..
Not even a driveway????

But charges don’t have to be indoors.

Are you allowed to build a driveway? How far is the house from the street? Can’t be that expensive to add a driveway.
Nope. Well we don't have an HOA but the one side of the yard is an easement so can't build anything on there.

Other side has a tree and not enough room for a driveway/parking pad.

Edit: I'll do a Google maps street view shortly

I actually like it -- But I'd rather hold out for a Honda EV.

Still fingers crossed for them to change their minds about the Honda e.

I don’t have 240VAC in my garage but I rarely drive so it might work. Don’t think I’d trust a budget Tesla though. They already have so many QC issues. I REALLY want to love them but I’m just not there yet.

I don’t have 240VAC in my garage but I rarely drive so it might work. Don’t think I’d trust a budget Tesla though. They already have so many QC issues. I REALLY want to love them but I’m just not there yet.

I am curious about EVs for sure, it's just-- I'm having trouble making that jump to really wanting to buy one just yet. I'm kinda in the same boat.

Are you allowed to build a driveway? How far is the house from the street? Can’t be that expensive to add a driveway.

Older picture from Google Maps but you get the idea.

Where the easement is we've had a few holes and had the county come out and fix the storm water pipe going through that area. So no way I'm putting/leaving a vehicle on that area.

Yard.JPG

Yard 2.JPG

Back