256hp Volkswagon Golf R Tested

Base price @ $35k? I'll rather take a Speed3 for less than $25k. The MS3 has more torque and more HP.

I'm fan of fast hatches R32's, Mazda3s, etc. But VW is what kills me on the price. That's why I drive a civic, lol.
..that reviewer guy did not dig the breaks on that ride at all.

I really liked the one I test drove a few weeks ago. :brock:

My wife HATES the looks though (all hatches actually) and their lease rates suck big time....told myself I'll never buy a German car so there goes the idea of the Golf R for me. :(

IMO you can't really compare the FWD Speed3 to the AWD Golf R. It's closest competitors are the STi and EVO, but even they are like comparing apples to oranges. I like the R because it was more "grown up", had plenty of power, AWD, yet it's solidly built with a more upscale feel....I'm going to go with a WRX Limited though.

Seen one on a detailing forum with a stage 1 mod already....(Stage 1+ 335Hp 338T)???
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/show-shine/33417-golf-r-new-car-prep.htm

Rasky

I suppose you're right. I'd get a WRX over it too. Lol.

I test drove the GTI, it was fun no doubt, loved the handeling. The lease rate was 450/month. I literarly drove to my Honda dealer after that and went with the same Si I test drove. Haven't drove a WRX yet, although I like the car a lot.

actually wanted a GTI. i like the tail lights on the euro spec golf R better than the one for US. its pretty expensive tho.

Back