3.15" pulley question

JAYBLS

I'm sorry to make a new thread about this, but I can't find the answer to this question anywhere. Even Millions-Knives car had aftermarket parts on it during beta testing.

What I want to know is this: with the CT-E supercharger, 3.15" pulley, supporting injectors and absolutely nothing else, what kind of power would that make? Stock down pipe, stock exhaust, stock intake, stock throttle body, stock EVERYTHING besides the SC, injectors, and the 3.15" pulley on the SC.

I'm not trying to start a debate as to whether or not this is going to sound cool or look cool or any kind of subjective topic. I want to know how much of an increase in power I could expect from it.

I realize that CT-E says 100whp increase, but that's with at least an intake. I want everything to remain as stock as possible for the sake of being as quiet as possible and for the engine bay looking as stock as possible.

I've messaged Vit and haven't received an answer, so I'm posting this thread to see if anyone knows what kind of power increase I could expect.

I think, assuming a stock Si is about 160-170whp, maybe I could expect anywhere from 240-270whp? SleepingPanda is at >290whp with the bolt ons and Millions-Knives was right at 300whp when Vit first tuned his car with the 3.15 pulley and new 1000cc injectors and he had all the bolt ons, so I'm assuming the bolt ons add maybe 30-40whp realistically. I don't know. If anyone has any theories, please enlighten me.

Again, I don't want any opinions about whether or not I SHOULD do the bolt ons. If you know for a fact that I absolutely need them, then please let me know why. I know that a CT-E says you need an intake for their stage 2 kit, but they also said they did the testing of their stage 2 kit with their intake and I've seen their intake and think the stock intake would be perfectly safe, just wouldn't get the 100+whp they say the stage 2 kit is good for and that's why they say you need it.

My current eDyno said I'm at 224whp, but knowing what I have done to the car I think I have more like 200whp. I think my CHP has probably been improved by about 30-40hp making it about 230-240chp. Assuming a 15-20% drive train loss, I'm at anywhere between 184-204whp currently. I would be more than happy with about 260whp assuming I am at 200whp now.

Anyway, discuss.

Also, let me add that I am aware of a dynomometer reading being a measuring tool for power increases rather than a concrete representation of current vehicle power. That being said, let's just assume that the hypothetical dyno we're using for the purposes of this discussion measures at exactly 15% drivetrain loss. That being the case, a stock Si would dyno at about 170whp on our hypothetical dyno. I want to know if the CT-E supercharger with the 3.15" pulley and supporting injectors with no other modifications would put down 260whp on the same hypothetical dyno.

There's a guy in Chicago (popular on Facebook) called Hondapro Jason. He has a 2014 Si sedan and has the CT-e kit with 3.15" pulley. Everything else was stock, and he made about 260whp

260whp is probably a fair estimate for 3.15 with no cooling, its worth noting you'll prob make the same or near same power with 3.6 but be a lot safer due to lower levels of heat. 3.15 calls for an AC. I can't think of one 9th with 3.15 and no AC

I ran the 3.15 with cooling and am now on 2.95 with better cooling lol

260whp is probably a fair estimate for 3.15 with no cooling, its worth noting you'll prob make the same or near same power with 3.6 but be a lot safer due to lower levels of heat. 3.15 calls for an AC. I can't think of one 9th with 3.15 and no AC

I ran the 3.15 with cooling and am now on 2.95 with better cooling lol
Both me and sleepingpanda have the 3.15 pulley with no aftercooler

Both me and sleepingpanda have the 3.15 pulley with no aftercooler

I stand corrected. I was always told the heat produced was so great that to see any gains over the 3.6 an AC was needed as you couldn't advance ignition timing any further...

It's impossible that the 3.6 pulley would make the same power as the 3.15, everything else being equal.

As I can't post links from the other forum, take the title if you would like to read the thread.

2013 Civic Si CT-E S/C Testing results
This blower was ordered from CT-e w/ the 3.15 pulley and tuned with NO COOLING. Based on the testing results, I recommend you stick to the the 3.6 pulley if you are running no cooling as no effective gains (little to none while being somewhat less reliable than the 3.6 pulley) are really had from the 3.15 pulley on pump gas -- way too much heat.

Final #'s were 326whp/248wtq on E85. 276whp/225wtq on 92 octane pump gas

It's not that you CAN'T as much as it wouldn't make very much more than 50whp with the cat. $3500 for 50whp over stock just doesn't seem worth it to me. I already have a DP, exhaust, ZDX TB, and Greddy intake, but I wanted to go back to all stock plus supercharger or sell my car as is and go buy a '14 and supercharge it. I still may end up doing that anyway, but if I have to run a catless DP, it's already going to be louder than I want, so I might as well do all the bolt ons.

As I can't post links from the other forum, take the title if you would like to read the thread.

2013 Civic Si CT-E S/C Testing results
This blower was ordered from CT-e w/ the 3.15 pulley and tuned with NO COOLING. Based on the testing results, I recommend you stick to the the 3.6 pulley if you are running no cooling as no effective gains (little to none while being somewhat less reliable than the 3.6 pulley) are really had from the 3.15 pulley on pump gas -- way too much heat.

Final #'s were 326whp/248wtq on E85. 276whp/225wtq on 92 octane pump gas

9th_cte.jpg

9th gen Si CT-e kit, 3.15" pulley.

^That was during the beta testing on Millions-Knives car on 91 octane. I believe he had an RV6 DP, 2.5" Borla exhaust, and a Takeda intake.

^That was during the beta testing on Millions-Knives car on 91 octane. I believe he had an RV6 DP, 2.5" Borla exhaust, and a Takeda intake.

Which proved to be way higher numbers than even anyone with a 2.95 and larger aftercooler were ever able to reproduce. He did have those parts, we've chatted plenty. His car never broke 300whp with 3.15 and IMT's 1.25 Koolboost.

A lot of people, myself included were a little disappointed when we did the charger, 3.15 and coolers and barely saw over 300whp. My point wasn't about max power, just the heat it causes vs the gains over the 3.6.

Ah. I see. Well, I'm not too concerned with heat. I won't be tracking the car. I just want the power when I need it on the street every once in a while.

I was sure 338 was high, but I didn't think it was more than 40hp high. Sleeping Panda is sitting right around 300. Where are you compared to where you were before the SC?

Ah. I see. Well, I'm not too concerned with heat. I won't be tracking the car. I just want the power when I need it on the street every once in a while.

I was sure 338 was high, but I didn't think it was more than 40hp high. Sleeping Panda is sitting right around 300. Where are you compared to where you were before the SC?

My situation is a little different because in Canada our fuel sucks. Our 94 is like your 87 lol. I was making 285/230 on the 3.15 cooled, now making 302/245 on 2.95 cooled.

Most are 300ish 3.15 cooled and 320 2.95 cooled on good US 91.

Every dyno is a little different.. Those numbers are Vits edyno/roller dyno numbers.

I have a question then. The stock stage 1 cte kit without an aftercooler, with bolt ons. How much power approximately would that make, and would the heat be really bad?

OP, have you considered Kraftwerks SC kit? I think it makes more power than CTe's.

I don't really like the KW kit. If I wanted a centrifugal compressor, I would go turbo.

I have searched everywhere I can think to look and I cannot find anyone that has installed the CT-E kit without at least a down pipe and exhaust. That being the case, nobody knows exactly what kind of power you'll get from just the CT-E kit. They claim 60-70whp, but they've never tested their kit on a 100% stock 9th gen Si.

Back