30k Major Service

91alexm

Bay Area, CA
Vehicle Model
LX, R18
Body Style
Sedan
So I'm about to hit my 30k on my LX, has anyone else had their 30k major service done yet? If so, what deal did you guys get.?

Nice.! Lol what stuff did you wrk on.?

Oil/filter change and a visual inspection. There's not much needed for the 30k maintenance. My transmission fluid is fresh since I switched over to Redline MTL. My coolant is fresh since I punctured a hose and made a mess of my garage. I changed my cabin filter a couple months ago. My tires are nearly new. Spark plugs are good until at least 100k miles.

Oil/filter change and a visual inspection. There's not much needed for the 30k maintenance. My transmission fluid is fresh since I switched over to Redline MTL. My coolant is fresh since I punctured a hose and made a mess of my garage. I changed my cabin filter a couple months ago. My tires are nearly new. Spark plugs are good until at least 100k miles.
How do you like the redline? I run redline in my sentra since day 1. Love it. Not sure how the honda trannies like it so Ive been holding off.

How do you like the redline? I run redline in my sentra since day 1. Love it. Not sure how the honda trannies like it so Ive been holding off.

I like it. Some people bash me for using it but I think it feels great, shifts are smoother. I haven't had one issue since putting it in.

It completely transforms the Nissan 6spd, i know that. The Honda shifts really nice though, not sure what I want to do.

I changed the oil and swapped the tires, visual inspection.

Nothing major. Several minor things along the way -
Right HFP side skirt
Right HFP side skirt
Air filter in cabin and engine
Alignment with new suspension
Right HFP side skirt...again
Weird water stain on back seat that randomly showed up

It completely transforms the Nissan 6spd, i know that. The Honda shifts really nice though, not sure what I want to do.

Prior to switching to Redline shifting felt notchy. We do have different transmissions though. I drove a Si before switching the MTF in mine and there's a difference between the two.

My dealer gave a preferred maintenance guide that lists in addition to routine 5k service, the cabin filter, engine air filter, and AT service ( all maintenance minder items). Cabin filter may be fine depending on the air quality and fan usage, also it is easy to check. The engine air filter should not be skipped and is best changed ahead of an oil change, so any loosened contamination that gets in the engine gets cleared with the OC. I would only do ATF if the minder calls for it, it is as easy as an oil change.

Just got my transmission fluid changed 2 days ago and cost me around $60 cause I had a coupon original was $80+. I must say my clutch feels better but other than that my filters were still good.

Back