3rd Gear Finally Done Right?

My 06 Si had some issues but I blamed it on the previous owner, since it was bought pretty used & did it from day one.. My Mugen was bought w/ 4k on it & never once had an issue w/ it & I ended up w/ 56k on it before I sold it (changed MTF at 30k).. I got about 5k on the 2012 now, it only had like 12miles on it when I bought it, no problems thus far..

I think it's more driver error than anything IMHO..

I'm not so sure it was mostly driver error. Honda acknowledged this issue due to being faulty syncros. This wasn't just present on the 8th gen Si but other models as well. Not saying people don't screw up from time to time and grind but there definitely was a legitimate issue with the transmission

Mine would pop out of 3rd a few seconds after shifting into gear. It would just pop out with no warning. It became a habit to keep my hand near the shifter to catch it when it popped out. After Honda fixed it, it worked flawlessly - never popped out again.

my 07 FA5 had the 3rd gear grind...and it would happen at the wrong time, like i would be cruising around and it grinds in front of ppl..so embarrassing...good thing i had tinted windows...but i got it fixed at honda and was fine since then.....now in my 2012, no issues what so ever, just hit 2k mi too. all of my 8th buddies are jealous of how our shifter feels lol...

Yea i've never seen that vid but know there's been plenty of cases.. I guess for me it seems that way because my 08 was slightly used & 12 is new neither had/have problems..
But when I had one I bought w/ like 60k on it, all kinds of pop out problems..

Instead of chrome'n out your wheels, fix your trans... :hiding:

Back