$600 Upgrade Ideas?

I think it's going to be between HIDs and tires..altho i'm leaning toward tires just because i dont know much about HIDs and retrofitting and all that, i'd have to learn.

Thanks, i'll check out those tires for sure.
I already have flashpro
have an exhaust
and have a sedan lol

they are a EPST but dont stress about there tread wear rating
21030.jpg

you can run a 235/40/17 on the stock wheel( i did no issues)
if youre looking for a summer tire or even anytime tire these things are amazing. they are predictable and soft...... everything about them is amazing.

maybe an intake? DP/tune?

retros are easy especially if you do the mini h1 cuase its almost like a plug and play as far as a retrofit goes. like webby said there will be multiple DIYs up soon so if you decide on that just buy everything and do reserach and by the time you have the confidence to do it there will be good DIYs available

edit: they came out with a newer version of the Star Specs(V2) but idk if they are out just search them

Last edited:
they are a EPST but dont stress about there tread wear rating
21030.jpg

you can run a 235/40/17 on the stock wheel( i did no issues)
if youre looking for a summer tire or even anytime tire these things are amazing. they are predictable and soft...... everything about them is amazing.

maybe an intake? DP/tune?

retros are easy especially if you do the mini h1 cuase its almost like a plug and play as far as a retrofit goes. like webby said there will be multiple DIYs up soon so if you decide on that just buy everything and do reserach and by the time you have the confidence to do it there will be good DIYs available

edit: they came out with a newer version of the Star Specs(V2) but idk if they are out just search them

They look really good, thanks!

Already have an intake downpipe and tune lol

Dang.... you already did all the major stuff.... I like austins tire choice. Beastly 235/40 might be a bit overkill if you're NA still. Better tires are something you won't go wrong with no matter what. Either size, it's a nice tire.

The Konis are a nice upgrade also and will compliment most of your other mods as well.

Dang.... you already did all the major stuff.... I like austins tire choice. Beastly 235/40 might be a bit overkill if you're NA still. Better tires are something you won't go wrong with no matter what. Either size, it's a nice tire.

The Konis are a nice upgrade also and will compliment most of your other mods as well.

the one thing i have noticed with the added TQ over the k20 is how easy it is to blow the tires in first gear... i drove around after i parted my turbo kit all stock with those tires and they still were amazing and nothing the car couldnt handle. you will notice and realize how weak the suspension and how bad body roll is though once you put tires on that actually keep traction LOL

i couldnt break the tires loose at all stock(not even while turning pretty sharp at 60mph) but boosted was easy because the tires are so predictable i could hit a turn and just gas it enough to barely understeer and let off and keep going.

(side story... the first time i rode in vits car it was early morning after my clutch install so the roads werent super dry.... every bump we hit the tires would lose traction and as soon as the tires hit the road full contact again you would just feel them grip and your brain would rattle the back of your skull...... he had 245 star specs.)

Reactions: Nix
Awesome! Run them wide beasts ! hahahaha... I might have to rethink moving south and come out to seattle.

I just got out of the field so ill get my retrofit diy done up for you. I def recomend doing a retro fit. Prob my favorite mod I've done to my car. Plus after the retro fit you'd still have some money left for some other stuff. With highend equipment it would prob run you around $300, I did mine for just a tad over $100 and it still works great so its up to you on what you would want to do.

I just got out of the field so ill get my retrofit diy done up for you. I def recomend doing a retro fit. Prob my favorite mod I've done to my car. Plus after the retro fit you'd still have some money left for some other stuff. With highend equipment it would prob run you around $300, I did mine for just a tad over $100 and it still works great so its up to you on what you would want to do.
Great, thanks. Tires might run me ~$450 so maybe I can do both

Ya I would def think you should be able to do both. I got the projectors from webby and the rest I got off amazon. I think it ended up coming in at right at $100. Its really not to hard, allthough I did have to drink a beer to take the edge off while my headlights were in the oven.

How about a new horn? :) little yet easy :)

Then some #18awg wire to make independant fogs?

LED's and wire and put some trunk lighting + oem switches

Rear seat box swap!?

All these will cost under $100 in total :)

How about a new horn? :) little yet easy :)

Then some #18awg wire to make independant fogs?

LED's and wire and put some trunk lighting + oem switches

Rear seat box swap!?

All these will cost under $100 in total :)
Let's see...
I replaced my horn already
I like my fogs on with my lights
I do have two OEM switches already, one for ambient lighting and the other a spare, for now
Box swap?
Thanks for the suggestions AP

:(

Take out the back seats and put a big sub box right the the back of the front seats :)

Anyways. No worries.

Wider wheels then I guess? $600 will probably be like most of the first wheel :)

Back