8th gen fuel rail

Phillip Lambrecht

Fort Irwin,CA
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Anybody know if an aftermarket fuel rail for an 8th gen will work on a 9th. Been thinking about getting one but not sure if it will work.

Just wondering what an aftermarket rail would do to benefit changing from the stock system.... is there one that you think would preform better?
I don't know much about them as far as there are rails and there are individual del. systems. I don't even know which type the Si's use.

It is larger in diameter so they can flow more fuel as you continue to upgrade and need more fuel. Honestly for the time being i am wanting it for the looks. Ill be putting on my p2r intake manifold runners and would like to leave the cover off but the stock fuel rail is not very visually apealing. In the future i will be going forced induction so it will be usefull in the long run for me.

I know people who've done the rbc manifold swap have installed 8th gen fuel rails. The full-race turbo page even talks about rbc swap users running 8th gen si fuel rails.

I think the deciding factor will be where the injectors connect the the fuel rail. I know where the injector plug into the manifold is different between the 8th and 9th but if where the injectors connect to the fuel rail is the same it should work no problem.

I may just order one and see if it will work. If it doesnt im sure one of the guys with the rbc should be able to use it.

Back