8th Gen Suspension on 9th Gen Civic

2012Si_kcrow

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Alright, I'm hoping with everyone's input we can figure out a few questions I have. I did not want to jack anyone elses thread and this topic did not see releavant to all the other Civic lowering threads.

Webby stated in a thread that the 8th gen Civic's springs are not identical to the 9th gens. But, using the 8th gen isolators people are getting it to work. Awesome!

Question - Does anyone know about the shock and strut assemblies, as we all know Honda does not plan on piecing out the HFP kit (for the 2012 Civics) so that one could purchase the shocks/struts and springs separate. Will any 8th gen shocks and struts line up correctly to be installed on a 9th gen Si? If so, is it safe to assume that one could buy the HFP suspension for the 8th gen and "make it" work somehow on the 9th gen?

Is this just asking for problems though if it had to be "made" to work? I know from past experience, flipping a 7th gen EX, and doing about 5 - 360's on a wet highway curve in a 2003 EP3 Si before ramming it into several trees that ended up totaling it, suspensions must fit correctly and be tuned correctly. These two cars mentioned both taught me what I should do and should not buy when redoing the suspension on my 8th gen. The 8th gen handles amazingly, never have I lost control of it and I have never been worried (even when taking sharp mountain curves at 80mph) that I would flip it. So, with that being said, if everything didn't fit perfectly then that option is already out the window for me. For those just looking for a decent ride and a lowered stance and won't be driving the car hard (taking curves at 80mph or 90 degree corners over 50mph with no brakes..lol!), this option might be perfect for them, especially if on a budget.

Opinions, comments, answers please...thanks in advance :)

the only difference is the front shock link mount and the rear is the 9th spring is norrower on top then the 8thgen _MG_4938.JPG_MG_5092.JPG

Im looking for some coilovers for my 9th Gen civic. Where is a good place to find some?

I may go with the d2's. Even tho ive seen mixed responses to the i saw a lot more good responses the bad. Plus i have a buddy who told me there a good brand.

My buddy is riding on a megan suspension kit and i saw a couple comments saying that d2 is kind of the same thing is that try? Because he says he likes the way his car rides with the megan kit on.

Back