8th Generation Civic General Chat

If we had an 8th FS section here I wouldn't have ANY reason to ever go back to the other site. Hint hint :P
You know, there is a high chance for an 8thgen specific marketplace.

It's gonna be a looong week at work for me.. These jobs suck :/
a5e5yvu3.jpg

That's not considered totaled??

That fix is really not worth it IMO.

Yeah I wouldn't want my car to have that much stuff replaced but it's out of our control. I think the only reason it didn't hit total because it's a hybrid and that adds a lot to the value. Most of the air bags are popped too

How long would it take to get the body popped out/welded/filled and ready for painting?

It will be about 1.5 weeks before it's ready for paint. The original estimate has 97 hours on it and $19,300. We've added around $3,000 since it's been torn down.

Haha yeah that would be legit. You can make pretty good money in a body shop but not on jobs like this. This kind of job you usually break even.

that's a ton of work... can't believe the insurance company didn't just want to eat it and auction it off.

Most of the time that's what happens. Usually when we have to fix somthing this bad, the customer has gap insurance and that plays a big roll too

Now this is awesome. I post about rigid collar kits and get a reply from someone who actually knows what they are, has them, and has another similar upgrade that I have. This must be what 8th was like in the beginning.

I tried asking about collar kits once "over there" and replies ranged from wtf you smokin to need more camber, more low.

Now this is awesome. I post about rigid collar kits and get a reply from someone who actually knows what they are, has them, and has another similar upgrade that I have. This must be what 8th was like in the beginning.

I tried asking about collar kits once "over there" and replies ranged from wtf you smokin to need more camber, more low.

I love the Facebook post on 8th...

Back