9CCD III: Official Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some time to myself today so I re-torqued the wheels and checked the tire pressures because I'm OCD like that.

Also I picked up a cheap tool kit from Sears that folds and zips up and can be stored out of the way, plus I threw in a tire plug repair kit because you just never know.

Then I got to thinking "Is my insurance card up to date?" Nope. Had to go up to the house and wade through a stack of bills to find the envelope that had the current cards in it, it's a wonder I didn't get stopped with the out of date cards.

I believe I'm ready to hit the road, I'll be backing out of the driveway and heading for the Dragon in 10 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes, and 13 seconds...:woot:

IMG_3172.JPG

Had some time to myself today so I re-torqued the wheels and checked the tire pressures because I'm OCD like that.

Also I picked up a cheap tool kit from Sears that folds and zips up and can be stored out of the way, plus I threw in a tire plug repair kit because you just never know.

Then I got to thinking "Is my insurance card up to date?" Nope. Had to go up to the house and wade through a stack of bills to find the envelope that had the current cards in it, it's a wonder I didn't get stopped with the out of date cards.

I believe I'm ready to hit the road, I'll be backing out of the driveway and heading for the Dragon in 10 days, 13 hours, 52 minutes, and 13 seconds...:woot:

View attachment 40325

Wow, someone is really getting prepared...I, by comparison, just kinda live for the moment. I still haven't decided when I'm leaving or what I'm taking.

I need to get my oil changed. I hit 2k miles last night. Other than that no preparations.

I need to get my oil changed. I hit 2k miles last night. Other than that no preparations.

We just changed the oil on both of our 2015s at work after about 1500 miles, many of those miles were on the dyno though.

We just changed the oil on both of our 2015s at work after about 1500 miles, many of those miles were on the dyno though.
Yeah some people changed their oil @ 1,000 miles (after break in) and others waited til 3,000 miles.. Depends on the person.

Where's @Bruce Bartlow to settle the longest distance driven...... Sacramento to Fontana ~2500 miles. Beats Calgary by what looks to be about a full province and a half! It's nearly lined up with Vancouver and Calgary is east halfway across Alberta!

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fontana Village, 300 Woods Rd, Fontana Dam, NC 28733/Sacramento, CA/@37.9389803,-111.480989,5z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x885eb8e96bdc95f7:0x6644ac8224295705!2m2!1d-83.822341!2d35.436412!1m5!1m1!1s0x809ac672b28397f9:0x921f6aaa74197fdb!2m2!1d-121.4943996!2d38.5815719

Trans service is getting done on Wednesday, changing out the highbeams too, and I'm set. Eight days to go. Leaving Tuesday morning and getting there whenever. Long drive is looong.

Guy who hates schedules, creates schedule for meet. :P

I did it so no one can come up to me and keep asking "what do we do next?"

This year things will be much more laid back, last year it felt like a job for me, which is no bueno on vacation.

@death_roll

I don't want you feeling like you have to be ready to drive @ 7:00 AM sharp on Thursday morning on my account (our previous discussion in the Itinerary thread), I know how having to be somewhere at an exact time can suck the joy out of just about anything.

After watching that vid of KennyGS and whoever that was in the red Civic try and follow you I doubt I'd be driving with you for long anyhow, lol (actually I was hoping that there would be more than just you and I show up that morning).

So whatever the day brings is ok with me, I just want to come down and meet with some like minded people and have some fun : )

@death_roll

I don't want you feeling like you have to be ready to drive @ 7:00 AM sharp on Thursday morning on my account (our previous discussion in the Itinerary thread), I know how having to be somewhere at an exact time can suck the joy out of just about anything.

The 7AM runs are something that I, personally, want to do this year, I'm not a morning person by any means and usually find myself getting up around 8-9AM during the meet. So any chance to get out there early with no traffic is a chance I'll take. Unfortunately the past few years were infested with bikers so this year is looking promising for less traffic.

After watching that vid of KennyGS and whoever that was in the red Civic try and follow you I doubt I'd be driving with you for long anyhow, lol (actually I was hoping that there would be more than just you and I show up that morning).

So whatever the day brings is ok with me, I just want to come down and meet with some like minded people and have some fun : )

Keep in mind my WRX was around 280ish WHP and 300tq so it got up and went. The RS is lucky to be making half of that, so on roads like RT28 and the skyway with straights and long sweepers you shouldn't have trouble keeping up. I'll be in 4th gear and WOT for pretty much all of RT28 and the skyway, blood Mtn, just to get a good pace going.

View attachment 40325

Oh, I'll have a plug kit, portable air compressor, and enough tools to fix most roadside problems. My plug kit and compressor came in handly last year for @07TLX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back