9th gen civic si camber gained +4 degree each front side.

Sb0709

I'm struggling with an issue with my 9th gen SI.

Went to do alignment and found out that upfront I do have camber +4 degree ... can't find anybody to can answer why and even dealer can't come with an answer, I changed lower control arm driver side with OEM and planning to do the passenger side too tomorrow also sway bar and swaybar links are replaced new also, what I'm missing here ?

Thinking is due 2 reasons:

1. lower control arms are shorter than original ones ...
2. springs are not the original ones ...

Can get any information please ? dealer informed me that need to buy camber bolts to adjust but in my opinion is not this the problem because the care is not lowered and I do have like same angles in both front sides.

I attached the information from shop that informed me that they can't get camber adjustment as an alignment.

So 9th gen doesn't have upper control arm and only lower one ...

Attachments

• civicSI2013.jpg
    civicSI2013.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 34
Even lowering the car with aftermarket springs/coilovers, the front will stay basically right at 0 degrees. Some aftermarket coilovers allow you to adjust the top mounting plate to gain/reduce camber, but not much.

The rear will gain negative as you lower the car. Your left rear isn't even within spec. The toe is really out of spec up front as well.

1) You say you changed the lower control arm on the front drivers side only so far? So that printout is after changing just the one side? Both are showing 4 degrees positive there.... ?
2) Did you just recently get this civic?... used?
3) Has it been in an accident/frame damage etc?
4) Why are you changing out the control arms?

the rear need to be adjusted so the rear is not a problem.

Toe not adjusted yet for front and rear.

Front left tie rod has been replaced so this is adjustable but only thing is camber in front the problem I'm facing.

1. Yes, replaced only left one front and will replace front right tomorrow (ordered the part) but even with only left control arm replaced I have ~+4 degree front each side so the shop didn't adjusted anything and just printed the spec, If I'm getting the cambers close to 0 degrees than they will adjust toe for all 4 wheels.
2. recently got the civic used.
3. accident but no frame damage.
4. small accident so was bent the front left and rear left lower arms control (both replaced and no adjustment yet done (only plug and play))

Last edited:
The control arm can't be the issue. You said you replaced one front one. The sheet shows both are at 4 degrees positive, so the one you installed can't be it. There isn't a way to adjust the camber without getting aftermarket bolts or aftermarket coilovers for the front, and I don't think I've seen anyone get 3 degrees of adjustment with them let alone 4 degrees.

Something is def not right.

@Dar-Dar @Nix and others do a lot of suspension stuff. Maybe they can chime in.

aha, thinking even Sub-Frame to check but again if was something wrong with sub-frame than will not gain both sides 4 degrees positive ...

Do you have pics of the vehicle as it sits? Or pictures of the suspension (wheel(s) removed)?

Maybe the top mounts have adjustable camber plates installed and they are adjusted to the max positive position.

Camber bolts will only reduce the camber to +2 degrees. It will not reach stock angle.

What is your suspensio setup?
Why are you changing the control arms?

Seems like ntb gave you bad readings or something. +4 front camber seems damn near impossible without some manor issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

posted pictures, as can be seen does have this angle ... maybe bad struts ? :sinking:

Did you own the car when it was in an accident? Was it repaired at a collision shop, or you're doing these repairs right now?

after accident and completing the repairs now but has been minor damage (2 lower arm controls and tie rod).

Does sway bar and sway bar links has influence here ?

Last edited:
Back