9th gen coilovers on 8th gen civics?

maark808

So I'm about to sell my megan ez street coilovers for 9th gen civics to someone that has a 8th gen, I was wondering if it would fit their car? need answer asap thanks.

It'll just have the sway bar attachment on yours that he wouldn't be using. 8ths work on the 9th...but you can't run the front sway bar on the 9th...if you use the 8th coils. I would imagine it'd be just the opposite.

It'll just have the sway bar attachment on yours that he wouldn't be using. 8ths work on the 9th...but you can't run the front sway bar on the 9th...if you use the 8th coils. I would imagine it'd be just the opposite.
so is it a yes ? I need to know cause to hum bug doing refunds.

They will also need to reuse some of their stock 8th gen parts like the spring isolators in the rear. I thought the springs on the 9th gen were also wound the opposite way of the 8th? Some people had issues with fitment or something on some of the very early 9th gen roadmagnet springs.

Everything should bolt right up though. They may run into problems with the lower front strut bolts as 9th gen users were having trouble getting the correct ingalls camber bolts to fit. Hopefully it won't be an issue reusing the stock ones from the 8th to 9th strut. That's all I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Are they local? Is it such a good deal that they don't want to buy something specific to fit their 8th gen?
If they are close by you might want to try and arrange a test fit so they don't run into a huge issue that none of us are aware of. Overall I think it should work.

^^ I forgot about the rear isolators when he mentioned coils instead of springs. The 9ths are larger than the 8ths. It may not sit quite right on the 8th gen in the rear. 8th gen springs installed on the 9th gen require the upper 8th isolators to keep the springs seated properly.

Back