9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

without cruiser bikes....agreed.
If cruiser bikes are there, it's the worst road ever

-Keith
'11 WRX (30k mi) & '99 2.3CL (40k mi)
I didnt seem to have trouble with them. What are those lines on the road for?
j/k I hate when they won't pull over.

Just went to drive the BMW to the gym and I have a dead battery. I even have it connected to a battery tender when I don't drive it much. Looks like another unexpected expense for the BMW.

Looks like we'll have to bring the auto civic with no HP to hang out with the "slow" fast people. :P
We've definitely had a lot of fun with the low HP Fits. I know Richard had a blast with his low HP E30. Yeah, bring on the civic auto! Maybe we can compare our fuel mileage at the end of the day, just for S&G.

or you can bring the M3 and all of the overpowered subarus can attempt to chase you again. Id love to get some pilot supersports & the racecomp kit on this year and actuallly have a well handling car.
i have rcomps you can throw on the wrx if you are brave enough to run them at the dragon. 245/40/17 so not exactly the best size for that car for maximum grip but it will do. of they arent toast by sept you should go race car status

i have rcomps you can throw on the wrx if you are brave enough to run them at the dragon. 245/40/17 so not exactly the best size for that car for maximum grip but it will do. of they arent toast by sept you should go race car status

I could probably squeeze them on my 17x8 wheels, what tires are they? lol

Starspecs will be better on the dragon than real r-comps, IMO (Hoosier R6, BFG R1, Hankook Z214). The surface is too shitty for them and they will be mighty cold/slippy initially, then probably just let go halfway through as there's no time to control temps.

2nd tier like NT01, R888 may be slightly better but nobody is really pushing that hard to notice the difference.

Reactions: etf
Starspecs will be better on the dragon than real r-comps, IMO (Hoosier R6, BFG R1, Hankook Z214). The surface is too shitty for them and they will be mighty cold/slippy initially, then probably just let go halfway through as there's no time to control temps.

2nd tier like NT01, R888 may be slightly better but nobody is really pushing that hard to notice the difference.
Mine are more like the second tier and don't need much to warm up. It is all I have left for the BMW. I still don't know if it will make it. Might be the fa5.

The stock wrx tires do fine, maybe I'll sneak some suspension mods on before September.
the rear sway tends to make the rear end to get loose in extreme cornering or fast sweepers. The front sway I have on now is way better and greatly improved handling.

I went from ranking in the top 20-40 % to top 10% in the one race with the front sway.

-Keith

the rear sway tends to make the rear end to get loose in extreme cornering or fast sweepers. The front sway I have on now is way better and greatly improved handling.

I went from ranking in the top 20-40 % to top 10% in the one race with the front sway.

-Keith

What rear sway do you have on? With just the 22mm whiteline on full stiff my car was very tailhappy with the stock fsb, I know a bigger front really stabilizes the front end.

What rear sway do you have on? With just the 22mm whiteline on full stiff my car was very tailhappy with the stock fsb, I know a bigger front really stabilizes the front end.
so you really had it set to 23mm. I also had the 22mm whiteline set on medium so it was 22mm. I put back on the stock WRX RSB; the car is much happier/quicker. The fsb is now a whiteline set to medium (don't recall the size)

I find it hilarious when people just buy parts and claim that their car is better for it. Really?!?! Then again, these are the same people that refuse to put their car to the test.

-Keith

the rear swaybar "feels" better but no one really pushes the car enough to realize that too big of a rsb is detrimental to performance.

Just like the stock wrx dampers are bad and people just put on springs because they think stiffer is better.

I am running the smaller eibach rsb on the fa5 and have been happy with it for a dd. I have the stock suspension back on it too.

I just might try the bigger FSB.

Keith, don't you know what size you're using, I may go 24mm and put it on the softer setting.

I just might try the bigger FSB.

Keith, don't you know what size you're using, I may go 24mm and put it on the softer setting.
not 100% sure on size but am running the white line FSB on medium setting. I could look it up but am lazy

-Keith

not 100% sure on size but am running the white line FSB on medium setting. I could look it up but am lazy

-Keith

22mm or 24mm? Still thinking about upgrading the front, although I don't think I'll need it for DD duties. I may just slap on some pilot supersports before the dragon whether I get a new job or not.

Back