9thCivic's Official Cooking Thread

That's how I am too. I make approximate measurements

I got this recipe online and will probably adjust it next time I make it. I already had to use gluten-free flour and special non-dairy vegetable butter

Sauteed Chicken Cutlets with Shallot & White Wine Sauce

Ingredients

Chicken Cutlets
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
vegetable oil
Flour for dredging (about 1/2 cup)
Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Shallot and White Wine Sauce
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium shallot , minced (about 3 tablespoons)
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Instructions

FOR THE CHICKEN: Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 200 degrees. Put the flour on a plate. Pat the cutlets dry. Season them on both sides lightly with salt and amply with pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until smoking; place 4 cutlets in skillet and cook without moving them until browned, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip cutlets and continue to cook until second sides are opaque, 15 to 20 seconds. Transfer to large heatproof plate. Add 2 teaspoons oil to now-empty skillet and repeat to cook remaining cutlets. Cover plate loosely with foil and transfer to oven to keep warm while making sauce.

FOR THE SAUCE: Off heat, add the oil and shallot to hot skillet; using residual heat, cook, stirring constantly until softened, about 30 seconds. Set skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken broth and dry white wine; bring to simmer, scraping pan bottom to loosen browned bits. Simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, 6 to 7 minutes. Off heat, stir in thyme; whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper; serve immediately with cutlets

20130122_192736_zps83d2690a.jpg

20130122_193107_zps0277a02c.jpg

20130122_193905_zps5d4563d1.jpg

Back