A little squeak and rattle when wet

Sarcras

North Dakota
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
FB6
I have the Progess 22mm rsb and Full Race exhaust. While out driving tonight in the rain, I noticed a significant rattle from the mid to rear section passenger side between idle and about 2k rpms. It wasn't always there and would come and go. I also noticed my exhaust tone was much louder during these bouts of rattling. It was a heavier rain and when it let up the rattling stopped. Also coming from the same area was a little squeak over bumps or rough road. That too went away after the rain let up some. I have checked the mounts for the rsb and everything is good and tight still. Anybody have any ideas as to what would cause this and how to remedy it?

So this was happening to me. If your looking at up at the exhaust, right before it curves to the right, there’s a bolt stud above the exhaust. If u look u will see it. It sits right next to the exhaust. For some reason, every time i drive it in rain it would occasionally rattle like really bad. But only at certain rpm. Maybe something to do with the mounts getting looser when wet. What exhaust hangers do u have.?

I ended up just cutting the stud of with bolt cutters cause when I put on stiff hangers it got really bad.

Edit: this said stud holds up part of the heat shield. I ended up taking off another part of the shield cause my exhaust was hitting it.

Thanks! I think I know what stud you are talking about. I have the stock hangers on right now but I have the Torque Solutions hangers just haven't gotten around to installing them. I tried to put them on with the exhaust still on the car but gave up, too damn difficult with just jack stands. I will have to look at the heat shield again when I take the exhaust off to put the hangers on.

Tell me about it. I tried for over an hour to get just the rear one on with no luck at all.

Tons of pb blaster!!! I started with this said hanger theat gave me a little more play on the rear one. The one between those two gave me the biggest pain. I ended up just waiting until I had access to a lift.

Good luck

Back