Abs, power steering, tcs?!?

What'sUpDOHC!

Oahu,Hawaii
Vehicle Model
Si DOHC Beast
Body Style
4door
Hey guys need some help! As I was leaving Taco Bell today I started to drive and my abs, tcs, and power steering light came on the dash board? I really don't know what's wrong if somebody can help me! If it also helps I just put in hids last night if that has something to do with it?

Hey guys need some help! As I was leaving Taco Bell today I started to drive and my abs, tcs, and power steering light came on the dash board? I really don't know what's wrong if somebody can help me! If it also helps I just put in hids last night if that has something to do with it?

I could see that if the ballast or the wiring was installed too close to the ABS wire coming from the hub, you could possibly get inductance in the ABS wiring, leading to false signals at high frequency mixed with the normal signal from the hub.

I would imagine that this would also affect the TCS system as well, since it would rely on the wheel speed to tell the computer if the wheels break loose. I can't really figure out why the power steering light came on though. Did you try unplugging the HID ballasts, or even pulling the fuses ( if your power leads have fuses ) to see if the lights went away?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductance

I could see that if the ballast or the wiring was installed too close to the ABS wire coming from the hub, you could possibly get inductance in the ABS wiring, leading to false signals at high frequency mixed with the normal signal from the hub.

I would imagine that this would also affect the TCS system as well, since it would rely on the wheel speed to tell the computer if the wheels break loose. I can't really figure out why the power steering light came on though. Did you try unplugging the HID ballasts, or even pulling the fuses ( if your power leads have fuses ) to see if the lights went away?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductance
I tried to reset the system by taking off the negative terminal for 10 min and to see if reseted but nothing. Then unplugged and removed hid ballisis and reset again but nothing. I haven't pulled any fuses although ill give it a try. Thanks for the response, hopefully nothing major.

I tried to reset the system by taking off the negative terminal for 10 min and to see if reseted but nothing. Then unplugged and removed hid ballisis and reset again but nothing. I haven't pulled any fuses although ill give it a try. Thanks for the response, hopefully nothing major.

Ah, so you already removed the HID ballasts and no change? I meant pull fuses for the HID lighting system, not any other system. ( my aftermarket system I installed in my old car had in line fuses in the positive feed from the battery, for the HID's )

You may have to get the MIL lights turned off a the dealership?

Ah, so you already removed the HID ballasts and no change? I meant pull fuses for the HID lighting system, not any other system. ( my aftermarket system I installed in my old car had in line fuses in the positive feed from the battery, for the HID's )

You may have to get the MIL lights turned off a the dealership?
Do you think it's something to do with the battery? I checked voltage and when car is off its at 12.9 but when car is turned on its at 12.4?

A fully charged battery will measure 12.6V open circuit at rest ( more if recently charged ), 12.2 V open circuit is fully discharged. When the car is running, the voltage across the terminals should be 13.5+V.

A fully charged battery will measure 12.6V open circuit at rest ( more if recently charged ), 12.2 V open circuit is fully discharged. When the car is running, the voltage across the terminals should be 13.5+V.
I'm going to try and swap batteries and see if it goes away. And thanks for the help!

Back