Acura NSX Prototype To Lap Mid-Ohio Indy 200

Source: http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/go-news-acura-nsx-goes-gt500-in-13-days

The NSX goes from concept to Super GT500 car in 13 days

c1308002H-md.jpg

Honda is taking the new NSX to the races just in time for the Super GT series in Japan, which isn't a half-bad way to show off a new car—if it wins, that is. It'll replace the unusual HSV-010 GT, which seemed to be a dead-end in the scheme of things, being an unusual front-mid-engine GT car not really based on anything in Honda's portfolio. That car replaced the zombie NSX GT, which lived on long after its street-car brethren were cut off life support.

Bringing the NSX back to Super GT is probably a smart marketing move; although its link to the production car will undoubtedly be as tenuous as in any silhouette racing series. The Concept-GT is powered by a hybridized 2.0-liter, direct-injected, four-cylinder turbo, a departure from the 3.5-liter V6 that'll be mid-mounted in the production NSX.

In any event, this NSX has been in development long enough to vote. Hopefully, by taking it racing, Honda is signaling that it'll go on sale sometime during our lifetimes.

That thing is beyond beautiful, when it showed up on my IG yesterday, I had a smile from ear to ear.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013...ars-largely-built-to-current-dtm-regulations/

New Japanese Super GT cars largely built to current DTM regulations

The 2014 Japanese Super GT cars presented in Suzuka on Friday August 16, have been largely constructed using the DTM’s current technical regulations.
An agreement was announced earlier in the year between the DTM and the Japanese Super GT series, which sees both series use the same technical regulations.
As a result, the cars made by Honda, Lexus and Nissan will have the opportunity to compete in the DTM in the future.
The uniform regulations will also be adopted by a new US-based Grand-Am series, and by 2017, all three series will be at the same technical level.
After the Suzuka roll-out, the ITR chairman, Hans-Werner Aufrecht, congratulated the chairman of the Super GT organizer, Masaaki Bandoh, via video-link.
“[Congratulations to those] who have succeeded in carrying out the roll-out of all three cars at Suzuka this weekend, and my congratulations also to the drivers,” he said. “They can look forward to fantastic cars, to sporty cars, and I think that competition will be similar to that here in Germany.”

That race car looks awesome. That prototype production car looks kinda dumb. The lines are good, although they're not breaking any molds. But the front end looks like a Chevy Volt or something.

Back