Acura Teases Type-S Concept

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Acura Has Released A Teaser Type-S Video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0DExu_d56c

X3ZeCuX.jpg

After teasing a Type-S brand last year, Acura has shown the moniker will be making a return to the brand after an 11-year hiatus.

Teased on video for the 2019 Monterey Car Week, where it will premiere on August 15 during a private reception and one day later for the public, it appears to have a sedan-shaped silhouette, similar to the outgoing TLX.

iv167xB.jpg

Launching a TLX Type S as their first product would actually make a lot of sense, as spy photographers have already caught what is believed to be a prototype of the car at the end of 2018.

Another teaser, this time static, provides a partial look at the rear end, revealing a slim taillight pattern, two exhaust pipes incorporated into the diffuser, itself part of a very aggressively-styled bumper, and the ‘Type S’ badge on the boot lid.

dka8Gsz.jpg

4P1hi7w.jpg

“The return of the Type S is a pivotal moment for Acura, sending a powerful message that we are committed to fulfilling the ‘Precision Crafted Performance’ brand promise across the lineup”, said Acura VP and Brand Officer, Jon Ikeda. “Building on the return of NSX, our renewed commitment to Acura Motorsports, the introduction of the third-generation RDX and new Acura design direction, the Type S Concept represents another significant step in creating a new era for the Acura brand.”

hAStueD.jpg

Previous models that got the Type S makeover targeting enthusiasts, had higher output engines, more powerful brakes and firmer suspension setups, including the 2001-2003 3.2CL, 2002-2003 3.2TL, 2002-2006 RSX and the 2007-2008 TL, which was the last one to wear the sporty moniker.

Interested to see what platform they build on. The silhouette looks at least a little like a reskinned 10th gen civic, which would at least make sense since the old integras and rsx shared chassis similarities with the civic.

• Staff
Acura has officially unveiled the Type S Concept ahead of its debut on August 15th.

Designed to preview the upcoming TLX Type S, the concept is a bold departure for Acura as it adopts a sleek and stylish design that embraces “Precision Crafted Performance.”

Starting up front, the model has an aggressive fascia with a prominent Diamond Pentagon grille. It is flanked by Jewel Eye LED headlights with “Chicane” daytime running lights that draw inspiration from the ARX-05 Daytona Prototype. Further below, we can see large air intakes and a stylish carbon fiber splitter that wraps around the front end.

YKIUvSJ.jpg

rah4it1.jpg

The sporty styling continues further back as the concept has a long hood and a rakish windscreen. Designers also gave the model flowing bodywork, muscular rear fender and a dynamic roofline. We can also see 21-inch alloy wheels that are backed up by a high-performance Brembo braking system with four-piston calipers.

Out back, the concept features a unique trunk with a carbon fiber spoiler and a creased centerline that echoes the one on the hood. It resides above LED taillights and a sporty rear fascia. The latter features a carbon fiber diffuser which is flanked by a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system.

Acura didn’t mention performance specifications, but suggested the concept has a “high-performance engine.” That’s pretty vague but, when Acura announced plans to revive the Type S moniker, they announced a turbocharged V6 engine that will be exclusive to the brand. It was billed as a “high-performance powerplant” which will be paired to the company’s latest Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system.

It remains unclear when the TLX Type S will be introduced, but fans shouldn’t have to wait too long as the company confirmed plans to unveil two Type S variants in the next two years.

ghNSD7W.jpg

m26JCtV.jpg

ioqchM5.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/Wmyw7oxIIJc

I'll take one. Could use a little bigger car with 4 doors on it.

just a more fancy civic would rather have a corvette -put some extras and sell for more than its worth.:banana whip2::badger::bleh:

I like my SI better because that's what I drive.:brock::guitar::bananapoke:

just a more fancy civic would rather have a corvette -put some extras and sell for more than its worth.:banana whip2::badger::bleh:

Maybe. Corvette has too few doors and seats and it’s not a dumb crossover vehicle. Seems like everybody has abandoned the car except Honda and Toyota.

honestly im on board with the way this looks. The only thing im not a fan of is the 21" wheels. The design is nice but i personally would like a little more sidewall between me and the road.

I’m all about it at this point....

Too bad it will prob be way to expensive for my pocket book.

these $50,000+ aren't the kind of cars civic people can $$$$ to buy:drooling: I would never buy a new anything either due excessive over pricing by gold plated car dealers, who I hate even buying a bottle of tranny fluid from!:rotfl:I am more of a road warrior type car buyer:chopwood:

Looks like I priced exactly and certainly is not on my list, no matter how nice it is. I don't really like new cars at all because CA has destroyed new cars with every kind of useless piece of junk. tnps seat belts, kid seats, lane ***,hill ***, no key, air bags retarded emission rules make me :toilet:

While id love a type-s, im sure theyre gonna price them around mid 50s easily. However if they put a naturally aspirated v6 into the regular 2nd gen TLX that should look like a slightly less aggressive version of the concept i would consider trading in, or picking one up in 2-3 years off lease as another CPO purchase

Back