Add sub and amp to Navi in EX-L??

lunarfaze

I have a 2012 EX-L Sedan. It does not have a premium sound upgrade that I know of (there is not sub in the back panel). I have a nice Orion sub and amp that I would like to add to my system. I have the Honda Navigation. Can I add it and keep the same Navi???

I'm sure you've gotten this taken care of but if not, yes you can add amps and speakers and subs to your existing navi system. I have the premium sound so I added a LOC between the factory amp and my amps and the sound is exponentially better than the stock system.

I'm sure you've gotten this taken care of but if not, yes you can add amps and speakers and subs to your existing navi system. I have the premium sound so I added a LOC between the factory amp and my amps and the sound is exponentially better than the stock system.

care to share pics of what you did?

line output converter... changes speaker wire line to rca (something like below)
266-004_s.jpg

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LCQ1/AudioControl-LCQ-1-White.html?tp=9503

x161LCQ1-o_Front.jpeg

This is more what I used. It does alot more than just LOC. 6 band equalizer for front, rear and subs. This bad boy allows you to tune your factory setup to your tastes. Connects to the factory amp and your aftermarket amp.

As for pictures, it would be of me giving my credit card to the guys at Audio One in VA. They do great work. I don't do any work. My avatar is the result of them working through the many stages of my stereo upgrade.

well, you can still give them credit. I was just curious to see how it looked, or what your setup was like. ^That still helps

OK, so if adding a sub to the rear speakers, do I need two (2) of the LOCs spliced into the existing speaker wires, then combine the RCA outputs on each LOC to one for the amp and sub (one speaker sub)?

how many speakers are in the box? Looks like a ton of speaker lines?

lcq-1-and-crossovers-jpg.3141

Back