DIY ADExternal's 2012 Honda Civic Reverse Backup Camera DIY

Can someone please check why aren't all the images showing in the first page of the thread ? essentially, some of the images where the instruction to cutting/taping the connectors are given are not showing for some reason.

I am preparing to do this this weekend and would like to print the guide with the images.

Thanks!

Can someone please check why aren't all the images showing in the first page of the thread ? essentially, some of the images where the instruction to cutting/taping the connectors are given are not showing for some reason.

I am preparing to do this this weekend and would like to print the guide with the images.

Thanks!
Try turning off whatever adblocker you're running

Hello all. I have one confusion.

By looking at the diagram, I assume the Pin #14 provides a 12vDC feed, which is enough for the camera power, is that correct ?

Assuming my camera has no led whatsoever, only camera power, would it be enough to feed the camera power through the Pin #14 on the imid connector ? or will I still need to splice the camera power and feed it with the reverse light power AND pin#14 ?

Thanks!

Hello all. I have one confusion.

By looking at the diagram, I assume the Pin #14 provides a 12vDC feed, which is enough for the camera power, is that correct ?

Assuming my camera has no led whatsoever, only camera power, would it be enough to feed the camera power through the Pin #14 on the imid connector ? or will I still need to splice the camera power and feed it with the reverse light power AND pin#14 ?

Thanks!

Pin 14 doesnt provide any power.

As much as I would love to have this..it seems like a ton of work, and I'm not all for taking the dash apart, so does anyone know how much the stealership would rob me of for having them do this instead??

Brandt, I don't know if this will help your or not, but I can tell you that this was my FIRST ever install whatsoever in a car. I work as a software developer for a living, and definitely electronics are not strongest virtues , but the instructions on this thread are sooo throughout explained that you don't have to be an expect to accomplish it. Take it from someone who had his first ever car install. You only need a little patience and time, and the rest is just read and follow the instructions..

Thanks man, but it's really just an issue of not having a propper place with space to do this since I live in apts right now. I'm not that intimidated by doin this, I would love to do it myself if I had my own garage and all, but the place I'm at now doesn't allow me proper space, and it's hot here in texas, so it's not fun doing anything here with your car without at least a car~port to block the sun, it would just be a huge PIMA to do it myself with my current living situation lol, but thanks for the input anyways man, much appreciated!

I don't have a garage either. You need to break it down into steps, most of which you don't need a garage. I did this over about 7 days of work.

Day 1) ordered all needed materials
Day 2) prepared the camera so it was ready to be mounted
Day 3) installed the camera
Day 4) ran the wires
Day 5) took apart dash and connected wires

Last edited:
Hi I'm New to the site. Was wondering if this DIY will work for a 2012 Civic Hybrid? Can anyone confirm?

Back