Aftermarket Double DIN ?

You don't have to lose any controls on your steering wheel. They make a steering wheel adapter for the after market HU. The only thing you might lose is the imid features. Also when installing the aftermarket HU you will lose the stock aux n USB. But most double din HU have aux n USB on the unit itself. Hope that helps

I didn't see any mention of bluetooth. Also, you have to buy a seperate cable for Ipod instead of regular ipod/usb. I have an AVIC700 and had to buy the $50 cable. This allows you to control the ipod and hear it. With just the ipod cable you can control it, but there is no audio. The cable plugs into the usb and A/V on the h/u. Now you cant use a flash drive. Not a big fan of Pioneer. Kenwood usually has all this built in. Maybe this 1, its the same price range, but its a factory refurb. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_613DDX419/Kenwood-DDX419.html?cc=01&tp=5684

Last edited:
just buy alpine youll be happier

What issues are there, if any, regarding the CAN BUS, not sure if I spelled that right but I've heard of some people with no problems and some with and I'm nervous about upgrading the HU.

me too i dont wanna loose any functionality

I'm just waiting until 100 percent compatability,I like all the features too much.losing one is too much.

Back