Aftermarket Seats

Tenjjin

Murfreesboro, TN
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I apologize if I'm putting this in my wrong section.

To begin with, I will provide a bit of background. I am 6'4" with very long legs. With my seat all the way down and all the way back, my left leg is still bent with the clutch fully pressed down. On trips longer than a few minutes, I get pain in my right knee from the way I am forced to hold my leg and foot above the gas pedal. It seems like it would be a lot more comfortable for me if I could get a couple more inches of leg room. I have taken the seat out, and there isn't any easy way to modify the factory rails. Also, since the front part of the seat bolts in horizontally, I cannot just put a spacer under the front part of the seat to lift it higher for more thigh support to see if that would help.

With all that being said, I have been considering purchasing a Sparco R100 seat, but before I do that I was wondering if anyone on here has installed an aftermarket seat in there car? I know that aftermarket seats and rails typically make the seat sit a bit lower, but I do not know if they will go back any further or if the seat will have less cushioning than the stock seat allowing me to sit further back into it.

If anyone can provide any help on my issues I would very much appreciate it.

@jnastii has a recaro seat.... um
@kennyjames has a bride seat
I know there some others. I just can't think who has aftermarket seats

Do the bride seats...wasn't the 8th gen rails required? I may be thinking of another seat however.

Procivic sells the sparco seats as well as seat base adapters and sliding seat rails that it says will fit the 9th gen.

yes i did this mod, i did it mainly cause i ewant a better seat for track days that didnt weigh 100 pounds. buddy club sells rails for the 9th gen, go get them from importdpsonline.com they have them for like 150 ish not including shipping, i have the bride stradia II and i love it, it will make you lower and since your lower will give you more leg room as well, for a authentic seat it will be roughly $1400-$2000 PER SEAT. you can go cheaper seats but id say either recaro or bride would be best, please do yourself a favour and dont buy knock off seats, these are damn worth the money. the sparco seat is only a flat based seat made for sparco seats as far as i know. you I light on the IMID will always be on as well as your airbag light, but at the angle i sit at now, i dont even see them. if you have any questions tag me in this so i get notified via email

It would be worth it to spend the money if I was 100 percent certain that in doing so it would solve my leg and knee pain issues but I am still not sure that just going lower will help. Thank you very much for your input, and if you don't mind me asking, how tall are you?

im only 5'8, you should realize that most after market seats are "thinner" so you will sit back further in the seat and be given more leg room, i dont know how to explain it, but you will have mroe leg room

Back