aggravating rattle

Hey guys, im new here.

I have the civic lx sedan in polished metal and i noticed that when a window is open (i didnt test the back doors) the base from the sound system causes the door to rattle. This is very annoying, has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution?

I agree with KennyGS if it is under warranty, especially if it is a brand new car. My last vehicle was a '11 Chevy Silverado and I had a rattle in my right rear speaker. I took it in, they replaced the whole speaker and also found something else that was rattling in the door. I was at the dealership for an hour and they fixed the issue with nothing out of my pocket.

agreed with Kenny... have a tech go with you on a ride, and have them listen to it. They can pop a door panel in a matter of minutes and see if there is something loose, or whatever it may be.

welcome to the site

it could be as simple as a 10 min trip, but that's obviously your choice...

If its under warranty there is absolutely NO reason NOT to bring it in. Seriously, that's one of the best reasons to buy a new car...no hassle servicing. I'm 23 years old, I know that **** is annoying and stressful and maybe you feel like you're being a "baby" about it but trust me you aren't. It's their JOB to do that kind of stuff, and most of them like doing it. They get to charge Honda for that time if they find something needs replacing. Just take it in, and hopefully they can fix it!

Agree with Ian it can sometimes be annoying to take in but warranty is there for a reason and if something god wrong later than your going to regret not takin it in. Welcome to 9th.

Nope, I notice the rattle as well!! 2012 Honda Civic LX (Alas, it's an auto):) But, yes, when you turn up the sound, the windows rattle noticeably. I DID notice, however, that from 3+ feet away, you can't hear the rattle. I'm betting this has to do with the Civic's infamous lack of sound insulation (Duh, how else are you gonna hear the vtec, haters?..Oh, that's right...you hear vtec from miles awayXD). I've actually pinpointed it to the two front windows, the back windows don't rattle on mine, at least.

Six years of this problem and Honda has no resolution. It's been an issue since the 2006 model. The air pressure is fairly equal with the windows up, but once they're down the rattling starts. I'm not sure if you'll have much of a recourse since this is clearly a design flaw that I'm guessing can only be resolved with additional sound dampening materials around the trunk.

My subie used to do that...I Do not notice this problem on the Si Coupe probably since the coupe doors have more bracing. Hope you get it fixed.

Hey guys, im new here.

I have the civic lx sedan in polished metal and i noticed that when a window is open (i didnt test the back doors) the base from the sound system causes the door to rattle. This is very annoying, has anyone else experienced this and/or have a solution?

I've been having the same problem. Go to your dealership and demand a fix. Tell them you've seen this problem all over the internet and it needs to be fixed. That's what I did and they launched an investigation into my claim.

it's the black trim piece on the bottom of the window opening and it only seems to happen with the window down, I think the window puts outward pressure on it when it's up and stops the problem...if you put your hand on it with the window down it stops...i will eventually go to the dealer for a resolution but they are a ways away from me, so next oil change. If anyone makes progress on this with their dealer please let me know, it's driving me nuts as I have the windows down a LOT

it's the black trim piece on the bottom of the window opening and it only seems to happen with the window down, I think the window puts outward pressure on it when it's up and stops the problem...if you put your hand on it with the window down it stops...i will eventually go to the dealer for a resolution but they are a ways away from me, so next oil change. If anyone makes progress on this with their dealer please let me know, it's driving me nuts as I have the windows down a LOT

Funny, I was going to post about the same thing but didn't want to be ridiculed. I mean, I traded in a 10 year old truck that rattled like a spray can and can stand the sound of rattles, but I would rather not. I found it was the black trim under the window just like mentioned. I wonder if the dealership can fix it. I just bought it a few weeks ago.

if you take it in please post your results...my dealer is 80 miles away and I don't trek that way except for my free oil changes...however I would make the trip if i knew I was going to get it fixed.

Took mine to the dealership and was easy able to replicate the vibration sound. They are ordering me a new window trim for the driver said at no cost. Hopefully that gets rid of the sound. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Back