airbag light coming on on hot days

Darth_Turbo

Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
My airbag light comes on when its hot out like 80ish..was wondering if its common my fb6 has 8500 miles started happening this year
And second question was thinking of getting type r rims their 60 offset will it fit and what about tpms sensors thanks

Well the air bag light shouldn't come on, and any reliable tyre company will take care of the tpms.
I don't know what rims fit. One of these wheel guru's will get on here soon.

^ you need to see the dealer. If it's malfunctioning, it will not deploy in an accident. You need to have it looked at by honda.

Those wheels prob won't fit. 60 offset would be .6 inches closer to the strut/suspension components from the stock wheel. I would think you'll have issues clearing, but I don't have a way to measure.

Which air bag light is it, Passenger or Driver ? Is it on all the time, or just when you hit the brakes or during acceleration ? and last question do you have anything thing on your seat like a book bag or gallon of water anything over 5lbs ?

Yes, which airbag light is it? If you put something heavy but not a persons weight on the passenger seat it will disable the airbag on that side. If it's not from that and the light is on, then all the airbags are off. Definitely something to get checked out by the dealer. Major problem if those aren't working.

Which air bag light is it, Passenger or Driver ? Is it on all the time, or just when you hit the brakes or during acceleration ? and last question do you have anything thing on your seat like a book bag or gallon of water anything over 5lbs ?

Yes, which airbag light is it? If you put something heavy but not a persons weight on the passenger seat it will disable the airbag on that side. If it's not from that and the light is on, then all the airbags are off. Definitely something to get checked out by the dealer. Major problem if those aren't working.

Oh ya. Never thought that I could be that! Good thinking guys!

i intially thought it had to do with weight sesor and un even weight distribuition..but after a month i get out of work sit in the car nothing on the seats turn it on and light comes on...as soon as i cycle the key or wait 10 min the light never comes on again until a gew days later if its sitting in the sun and its warm like i mentioned..im a tech at a european shop so..ill just take to the dealer next time it comes ill take it to the dealer and ill keep u guys posted on what they say...:-0

and what airbag is the question lol so well see what they say

Interesting. Let us know what they say. In my car sometimes over bumpy roads my side airbag light comes on. Honda can't figure it out. A quick bang of the hand on the plastic cover and it goes off, or doesn't, or goes off again on it's own. Gremlins.......

I took mines to the dealer a while back for the same issue...all they told me was it stored a code in the ecu, it was about resistance or something like that, need find the print out...i work at a shop so I'll have them look at it if it comes on again.

I took mines to the dealer a while back for the same issue...all they told me was it stored a code in the ecu, it was about resistance or something like that, need find the print out...i work at a shop so I'll have them look at it if it comes on again.
Just had our 26k oil change - with air & pollution filters also. Next time we drove car the Imid message ...Check Airbag System... came on after driving a couple of blocks. Next time it was fine (no message). A day later the wife said it came on twice with same message. Took it to dealer who pulled up a stored code 11-21 (increasing resistance in drivers airbag). They cleared code and it didn't return. A check of related connectors etc indicated no problem. Honda said if it was a hard failure the Imid message would stay. Will update if it occurs again.

I'm seeing the same on my car, I have about 25k miles and it comes up intermittently. It is now showing up at least once a day.
I have only lowered the car, but nothing more. May take it to the dealership soon but would like to see what other people come up with.

Has anybody figured this out yet mine has not turned on again

Back