Am I the only one who doesn't have an SI?

EX-L here. Would have gotten another Si if I didn't drive towards downtown Los Angeles traffic and back, its just not feasible. Had an 09 Si a few years ago and it was a PITA in traffic.

Love my LX.
nRhaZgh.jpg

EX-L here. Would have gotten another Si if I didn't drive towards downtown Los Angeles traffic and back, its just not feasible. Had an 09 Si a few years ago and it was a PITA in traffic.

Haha, I totally agree. L.A. traffic is just horrendous.

Last edited:
Is there anything I can do about the cruise issue where I have to hold my clutch in for 5 seconds before it cancels out? Obviously I can just press cancel but that's extra work :pout:
Never heard of anyone holding down the clutch to disengage cruise. The only time I take cruise off is when I need to brake, then cruise automatically disengages. I don't see where there is a problem. Haha

Never heard of anyone holding down the clutch to disengage cruise. The only time I take cruise off is when I need to brake, then cruise automatically disengages. I don't see where there is a problem. Haha

On my car I touch the clutch and it disengages... No holding needed

My SS clutch line and dot four obviously made a difference, ghr tech asked if I put a racing clutch in .

Is there anything I can do about the cruise issue where I have to hold my clutch in for 5 seconds before it cancels out? Obviously I can just press cancel but that's extra work :pout:

Tapping the brake and clutch and pressing cancel all work for me. Have you asked your dealer about it? Maybe there's an issue with a sensor(s). They're relatively cheap and easy to replace; they just unclip from each pedal.

Tapping the brake and clutch and pressing cancel all work for me. Have you asked your dealer about it? Maybe there's an issue with a sensor(s). They're relatively cheap and easy to replace; they just unclip from each pedal.
I did because i think it's bs. They had me drive an hour to the dealership to show me the page in the manual where it states to hold clutch in for 5 seconds to disengage. I feel it's a safety issue. I've always downshifted when approaching a vehicle or stop sign. When i first got the car I downshifted to slow for 4 way stop on a highway (fully assuming cruise would cancel) but immediately the car sped up to reach cruise speed. Just about soiled myself.

The auto cruise resume you're complaining about is perhaps one of the best features in the Honda line-up; IMO the cancel/resume button feature is second. Once I'm above 25mph I rarely use the GO pedal.
Only problem I have is remembering right from left - the wife hates it when I try and accelerate the radio!!

Ya, me too. Once I'm up to speed I try to challenge myself to drive to Montreal (225 kms) without touching the gas or break pedals. Only the button. Ya, I turn up my speakers too sometimes. I get them mixed up because they are in the opposite locations on my Pontiac van.

Back