Amazon Entering Automotive Parts Market

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Amazon Auto Parts With Same Day Delivery Coming

Shares in a number of auto parts retails dropped on Monday after suggestions that Amazon was planning on expanding into the aftermarket automotive parts business.

With this latest move to disrupt traditional brick-and-mortar businesses, the online retailer has agreed to a number of supply contracts with prominent auto parts makers like Cardone Industries, Robert Bosch, Dorman Products and Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp FDML.O.

Consequently, shares of stock in Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, & O’Reilly Automotive Inc fell 4-5% in response to the Amazon report.

A report by The New York Post says that Amazon’s auto parts business could swell by over 50 per cent this year to $5 billion.

Aiding in Amazon’s expansion into the auto parts world is the company’s plan to introduce same-day delivery for auto parts in 40 major U.S. cities. Already, its parts are on average 23% cheaper than those purchased from Advance, Auto Zone and O’Reilly.

If they offer same day delivery within hours of the purchase online its game over. I already order all my fluids and misc. parts from them and with prime its already pretty convenient. In a couple of years you'll be able to print a landing pad off your printer, put it in your back yard and baam!!!, car parts.

I usually get one day deliveries on car parts through Amazon. Same day delivery would be HUUUUGE.

• Staff
8ZGTUCC.jpg

another opportunity for me to not have to go out into society and interact with real people....sign me up. Honestly though i already order most Honda fluids through amazon because its inconvenient for me to drive to the dealer. Reasonably priced one day delivery and they will take a huge chunk of the chain stores business.

If Amazon starts selling STM Inventory I'll never leave the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back