Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

Are you talking about the salt flat race or the standing 1-2 mile race in Texas and Colorado?
I'm guessing he's talking about high speed records. You have to drive in one direction and then flip around and drive back in the other direction to compensate/average for wind/elevation changes etc. They take an average between the two runs to set the top speed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD82XB7t8Xo

I'm guessing he's talking about high speed records. You have to drive in one direction and then flip around and drive back in the other direction to compensate/average for wind/elevation changes etc. They take an average between the two runs to set the top speed.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD82XB7t8Xo

Oh I see. I thought he was talking about actual competition racing.

Oh I see. I thought he was talking about actual competition racing.
there is completion racing in your class like 4cly turbo on the salt flats. I don't think the SRT-4 record has been broken, but I could be wrong
a racing version was hitting over 250mph at the end of 2 mile, it was still:bananapop: going faster after 2miles. 50-60 pds of boost try that in a Honda you will blow it up.

That is small racing no one follows and something I don't know anything about. But I am 100% sure someone can take a Honda fit and beat that record if they wanted. And a Honda motor can't handle 60 lbs of boost? The record civic and FWD record is 2000 WHP. If you have money possibilities are unlimited so I don't know why you think these motors are so weak the B20 is a weak motor for boost because of the cylinder walls.

Because he wants to come into a Honda Civic forum stroking the SRT-4's dick and we ain't having it. You wanna come in here and show some Honda love, no problem. Coming in this forum the way he has.....that's something different altogether.

small racing, people from all over the world go to the salt flats and no fee's to run a car or anything else
except if you want to go for a record, but speed costs lots of dough so sure a Honda could beat the old record
I haven't been following the racing there but you can find out by looking. 2000 HP car is a full blown race car with millions spent on it
the car that ran was a srt-4 that anyone could have bought perhaps and modded it to run fast. It's not a dodge engine
its a jap engine except it was designed more with racing in mind. I don't think a Honda si is any where near a race car. The new r model is.
I've seen station wagons run on the salt flats just about everything is raced there.:spazface: r model $35,000+ dealer markup, srt-4 $22,400 who got the most for their dough? Si 23,300.

Last edited:
People come from around the world to drive the dragon's tail and that doesn't mean it is popular. Look at a drag racing meet!! thousands of people gather to watch just 1 event now how many people watch someone driving on the salt flats?(even though I am sure it is fun)

A 2000 whp civic is of course a full blown race car like the SRT4 you speak of. It doesn't take millions to build a fast civic just several thousand bucks and a lot of time just like any build you do for anything.

of course the SI can never be compared to a CTR you should look at the heritage of the R club. An SI is a sports car not a race car we all understood that the day we bought them. But I can take it to the dragstrip and have fun or my favorite road course racing and at the end of the day it's my car and I enjoy it.

well that is true and don't really have much interest in cars I will never have, only the ones I do work with, the SRT-4 is just too old
so I got the closest thing to it the Honda Si is much alike weighing almost the same, same size engine but revs 1100rpm more. I actually wanted to stay away from a turbo car-they all ways eat a lot of gas. I have a hard time see the old dodge leave, I need to sell it. The Honda has a much nicer inside and the sound proofing turns it into a very un noisy car. the Honda shifts like a joy stick, the srt-4 shifts like a old john Deere tractor LOL which I do drive too:driving: another one bits the dust:lildevil:. Actually around even here the Dragon is well known the best by Harley bikers. The salt flats well that's really far from here.:iough:Back to fixing my vfr 800, I got the chain plate on just have to crush the chain link rebit. I almost ruined it but
its on, soon back to real vtec speed 3.5 sec to 60 match that Honda R LOL, oh it is a real R model honda!

Last edited:
My turbo build is not to bad on pump gas (93) I get about 25 in city driving if I don't sit at the lights long and around 30 MPG on the highway (50-60 mph)(70+ mph fuel mileage drops again) the kicker is you must pay more attention to maintenance and that can burn a hole in your pocket easy over time.

But even though I daily my car I only drive a total of about 10 miles a day.

there is completion racing in your class like 4cly turbo on the salt flats. I don't think the SRT-4 record has been broken, but I could be wrong
a racing version was hitting over 250mph at the end of 2 mile, it was still:bananapop: going faster after 2miles. 50-60 pds of boost try that in a Honda you will blow it up.

"but I could be wrong" he says... finally a hint of modesty. Bravo!

well that is true and don't really have much interest in cars I will never have, only the ones I do work with, the SRT-4 is just too old
so I got the closest thing to it the Honda Si is much alike weighing almost the same, same size engine but revs 1100rpm more. I actually wanted to stay away from a turbo car-they all ways eat a lot of gas. I have a hard time see the old dodge leave, I need to sell it. The Honda has a much nicer inside and the sound proofing turns it into a very un noisy car. the Honda shifts like a joy stick, the srt-4 shifts like a old john Deere tractor LOL which I do drive too:driving: another one bits the dust:lildevil:. Actually around even here the Dragon is well known the best by Harley bikers. The salt flats well that's really far from here.:iough:Back to fixing my vfr 800, I got the chain plate on just have to crush the chain link rebit. I almost ruined it but
its on, soon back to real vtec speed 3.5 sec to 60 match that Honda R LOL, oh it is a real R model honda!

You must have found the wrong forum, my friend... maybe this will help:
https://www.srtforums.com

Back