American Honda and SiriusXM Extend Relationship to January, 2020! 2014 Civic Gets XM Radio!

RScottyL

Irving, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe
MoyuhNU.jpg

10/23/2013 - NEW YORK
Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) and American Honda Motor Co., Inc. have extended their relationship to January, 2020, significantly increasing the penetration of SiriusXM factory-installed technology in new Honda and Acura vehicles.

Starting in 2014, American Honda will steadily increase the penetration of SiriusXM across its entire vehicle lineup. The automaker will expand SiriusXM as factory installed equipment on its best-selling models, including the Accord, Civic, CR-V and Pilot, as well as add SiriusXM for the first time ever to the Fit, CR-Z and Insight.

In addition, SiriusXM will become standard equipment on Acura ILX.
American Honda introduced its first vehicles with factory-installed satellite radio starting in 2003, and has produced more than 5.6 million vehicles with satellite radio to date.
"American Honda is one of the original automakers to adopt satellite radio, and its increase of SiriusXM factory-installed satellite radio in Honda and Acura vehicles is a testament to the strong demand among customers and dealers for SiriusXM," said Steve Cook, executive vice president, sales and automotive, SiriusXM. "We are pleased to continue our relationship with American Honda to 2020 and look forward to a very significant number of loyal Honda customers becoming part of our family of more than 25 million satisfied subscribers."
"A wide variety of commercial-free music, live sports, and exclusive entertainment programming has become an important feature for our customers," said Art St. Cyr, vice president of product planning and logistics, American Honda. "Increasing the availability of SiriusXM makes our vehicles more fun-to-drive and enjoyable."
Customers purchasing any new Honda or Acura vehicle equipped with satellite radio will receive a 3-month subscription to SiriusXM's All Access Package with access to SiriusXM's premium programming lineup, including every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR® race, Oprah Radio® and MLB Network Radio™, and more, plus access to SiriusXM Internet Radio on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com.

http://hondanews.com/releases/25b4f397-ffe2-4149-a3d5-99915460b11c

Really are you in canada or the states though?
I've had them call me countless times offering reduced rates on xm. (In the US) It's pretty common to be offered service for half off if you stay for a year.

I've never paid full price so I'm not really sure. I think it runs around $14 a month in Canada. 4 more if you want the premier channels and another 4 if you want to have online access.

**** that. For the 4 stations I listen too that's insane. Plus the stations I do play barely have anything on it I like. I'll pass I got my iPod and iPhone with 2000+ songs between them.

I've seen countless users on various car forums say they got service for like ~$100-$110/yr which comes out to ~$9/month.

Back