Andre12dbsi's '13 DBP Si

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
It's been almost two years since I've been a member of the site so I figured it was just about the right time for a build thread.

I started with a '12 DBP Si. ...which is where the screen name comes from.

image.jpg

I traded it last year for my '13. The '12 was a great car but the improvements on the '13 as well as a great salesperson convinced me to change.

Here is my progress so far. I really would like to lower it a bit but it being a daily driver in the winter is holding me back.

Exterior

Spec D Headlights (Removed and are now in a better home on @Pauly99to17 's awesome ride.)
Sylvania Silverstar low beam headlight bulbs
Sylvania ZXE high beam headlight bulbs
PIAA 2500k Yellow Ion fog light bulbs
35% tint front and back
18 x 7 HFP wheels
Black with silver H center caps
Hankook Ventus v12 Evo tires (215/40/18)
GRFXP orange signal light overlays
GRFXP smoked reverse light overlays
GRFXP rear Civic red overlay
Painted red engine cover
K&N air filter
Red SickSpeed fender bolts
Yospeed Si battery tie down
Yospeed Si license plate frame
OEM cargo hook
Plasti dip chrome front and back
OEM window visors

Interior

Red HFP mats
OEM trunk liner
Red Civic door and console mats
GRFXP J's Racing JDM steering wheel emblem
Mugen shift knob (jury is still out if it's genuine)
Cree LED dome lights
Cree LED trunk light
Yospeed Si cup holder cover
Yospeed Si door sill garnish
Weathertech floor liners for the winter
OEM red ambient lighting

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Alright! You got a build thread. She looks great!
When did you change the headlights. I missed that. Very nice! Now you got me wanting to get those.

Thanks guys.

@Pauly99to17 , I installed the lights last weekend. If you do decide to get them, do your research. I'm running halogen bulbs so I don't have any issues. The guys running HIDs say they aren't great, but I think there may be some workarounds. They do add to the look of the front of the car though.

@323 , I know. I've been wanting to do a build thread for about a year and a half. They also have red overlays for the tails but I like having different colors for the signals.

Last edited:
For HIDs on those headlights, you have to install the bulbs upside down, and then you can also fine tune the beam with adjustments on the back on the housings.

For HIDs on those headlights, you have to install the bulbs upside down, and then you can also fine tune the beam with adjustments on the back on the housings.
Oh, okay. That doesn't sound too bad at all. Wish I had the spare moolah to spend. :(
They really do look fantastic and you know how much I love lights.

OEM visors and red ambient lighting installed.

I had a few issues with the small pins for the visors but I got it straightened out. Dropping one in a car with a black interior is not recommended.

I'm not sure about the ambient lighting yet. It looks very dim but I'll need to check when it's darker.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400803317.391352.jpg

Yeah it's hard to capture really with a cell phone camera. Before I made the holes in the cover you could hardly see any light.

I wish there were a way to order only the clear lenses, they would make an even larger difference.
I haven't even tested mine out yet.

Do you happen to have any cut offs of your beam pattern at night? Also, how do you like the heated seat option? I don't think it was available when I bought mine, though I could be wrong. Love the JDM amber tail light overlays. I think you and me are one of the only ones rocking that old school look! :)

EDIT: Was it pretty simple to Plasti-Dip your front grille? I've been wondering how it would look on my TW Civic.

Back